Belarusian cultural delegation visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
The Days of Culture of Belarus are being held in Armenia from May 16 to 19 within the frames of which a number of art figures of Belarus arrived in Yerevan.
The Belarusian delegation on May 17 visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial to pay tribute to the memory of the innocent victims, as well as the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute.
“I think cultural events are very important in terms of establishing friendly relations with foreign states and preserving these relations. Culture is the ornament, flower of diplomacy, and it is necessary to properly hold cultural initiatives with various countries”, acting culture minister of Armenia Tigran Galstyan told Armenpress.
The Days of Culture of Belarus in Armenia program is being held within the framework of the cooperation between the culture ministries of the two countries.
“I visited Armenia in 2014. I am impressed with this country and left it with quite positive emotions, therefore, I was looking forward to this visit”, a representative of the Belarusian delegation, TV host Marina Gritzuk said. Talking about the cultural relations between Armenia and Belarus, she said such initiatives strengthen these relations.
The Days of Culture of Belarus in Armenia will kick off on May 17 at the Hovhannes Sharambeyan Center of Popular Creation. Napoleon Orda’s graphic works and the collection of folk crafts and creations of the National History Museum of Belarus will be displayed.
- Armenia PM calls to block entrances and exits of all courts on Monday
- Today is the Armenian cinema founder Hamo Beknazarian’s birthday
- Primate Findikyan Refocuses Direction of Eastern Diocese, Assembly Covers Wide-ranging Issues
- Recipe Corner: Faloodeh or Paludeh ye Shirazi
- Trump may replace Green Card with "Build America" visa
- Syrian air defenses "activated over suspected Israeli airstrikes"
- Court orders release of ex-President Robert Kocharyan
- IMF OKs $250 mln stand-by arrangement for Armenia
- Risks and danger of high cholesterol levels
- Cadence Ensemble Performed Gomidas and Other Armenian Works in Washington (video)
- Europe Day events in Armenia will culminate in Yerevan on May 26
- Oil Prices Down
- Yerevan subway to operate on heightened mode today
- Vigil and Commemoration in Berlin
- Today is International Museum Day
- A Year after the Velvet Revolution
- In the daytime of May 17 the air temperature will increase by 1-2 degrees
- Armenia, Iraq joining forces to curb terrorists’ use of high techs
- Pashinyan intends to meet with Putin at SPIEF-2019
- Various events to be held in Matenadaran within Museum Day
- Chinese FM to visit Armenia
- Political prisoner Sevan Nisanyan granted Armenian citizenship two years after escaping Turkish prison
- US cuts Turkish steel tariffs by half to 25% : FT
- Belarusian cultural delegation visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22