Former "Rossia" cinema building in Yerevan included in the list of Soviet modernism pearls
The Russian edition of RBC has compiled a list of the 10 most impressive buildings of Soviet modernism that are “worth seeing”.
The cinema “Rossia” built in the Soviet era, located in the center of Yerevan, was also included in the list.
“In the 1980s, the cinema was the largest in Armenia. In addition, exhibition halls, dance floors and cafes worked there. The curved shape of the two parts of the building served as a natural sound amplification. At the junction of the two buildings of the cinema, the architects designed a transparent ceiling through which viewers could watch the starry sky after evening sessions, ”the publication says.
It is noted that after the collapse of the USSR, the cinema "Rossia" fell into disrepair: in the 90s, trading shops worked there, and then they wanted to demolish it. By the beginning of the 2010s, part of the building was reconstructed and turned into a shopping center.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe