Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22
The last round of talks between the International Boxing Association (AIBA) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on keeping amateur boxing in the program of the 32nd Olympic Games in Tokyo will be held on May 22.
The final decision as well as the organization that will hold the boxing tournament at Tokyo 2020 will become known at a session of the IOC Executive Board in Lausanne on May 22.
A special attention will be paid to the audit report in the AIBA made by the IOC. The IOC is greatly concerned with the AIBA financial and governance problems. In the worst-case scenario the AIBA will be deprived of the IOC’s recognition.
“We want to keep boxing in the Tokyo Olympic Games program. The question is if the AIBA is going to hold the boxing tournament or we have to seek another organization. Anyway, the organization of a sporting event is a rocket contruction and we will cope with it,” IOC president Thomas Bach said.
- Armenia PM calls to block entrances and exits of all courts on Monday
- Today is the Armenian cinema founder Hamo Beknazarian’s birthday
- Primate Findikyan Refocuses Direction of Eastern Diocese, Assembly Covers Wide-ranging Issues
- Recipe Corner: Faloodeh or Paludeh ye Shirazi
- Trump may replace Green Card with "Build America" visa
- Syrian air defenses "activated over suspected Israeli airstrikes"
- Court orders release of ex-President Robert Kocharyan
- IMF OKs $250 mln stand-by arrangement for Armenia
- Risks and danger of high cholesterol levels
- Cadence Ensemble Performed Gomidas and Other Armenian Works in Washington (video)
- Europe Day events in Armenia will culminate in Yerevan on May 26
- Oil Prices Down
- Yerevan subway to operate on heightened mode today
- Vigil and Commemoration in Berlin
- Today is International Museum Day
- A Year after the Velvet Revolution
- In the daytime of May 17 the air temperature will increase by 1-2 degrees
- Armenia, Iraq joining forces to curb terrorists’ use of high techs
- Pashinyan intends to meet with Putin at SPIEF-2019
- Various events to be held in Matenadaran within Museum Day
- Chinese FM to visit Armenia
- Political prisoner Sevan Nisanyan granted Armenian citizenship two years after escaping Turkish prison
- US cuts Turkish steel tariffs by half to 25% : FT
- Belarusian cultural delegation visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
- Olympic future of boxing to be decided on May 22