Cadence Ensemble Performed Gomidas and Other Armenian Works in Washington (video)
WASHINGTON – The Cadence Ensemble performed in Washington D. C. on May 8 at the Duke Ellington School of Arts under the sponsorship of the Armenians Worldwide Association and under the auspices of the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the United States on the occasion of the 150thanniversary of the birth of Gomidas Vartabed. This video piece by Mirror correspondent Haykaram Nahapetyan includes an excerpt from its performance as well as interviews with Nika Babayan, the general manager of Cadence, as well as audience member Bilal of Pakistan, who has many Armenian friends.
During the first half of the month of May, the Armenian Cadence Ensemble held concerts in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Fresno and Las Vegas. The Cadence Ensemble was formed in February 2004 initially to perform the works of Argentine composer Astor Piazzolla. Its first international concert took place in 2005 in Argentina. Ever since then, the Armenian music group has performed in France, Belgium, U.K., Russia, Ukraine, Lebanon, China, Greece, Cyprus, Canada and many other places and participated in international music festivals. In 2014 Cadence participated in the celebration of the 300th anniversary of Sayat Nova in Tbilisi (Georgia) and the Cultural Days of Armenia in Israel.
The Cadence Ensemble was formed by five Armenian instrumentalists: Hakob Jaghatspanyan (guitar), Varazdat Khachumyan (violin), Meruzhan Yeganyan (accordion), Sofi Mikayelyan (piano) and Gurgen Amiryan (contrabass).
Source: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for truce in Syria
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates Armenian counterpart on Independence Day
- Today is International Day of Peace
- Let’s protect and defend our state, our church, be tolerant and caring towards one another: Armenian President's congratulatory message on Independence Day
- Top officials of Armenia and Artsakh visit Yerablur military pantheon on Independence Day
- Independence Day of Armenia and International Day of Peace: September 21
- Post-Revolution Art: Dialogues about Revolution and Power
- Chicken liver salad recipe
- Armenia’s Police Chief Dismissed, Appointed Adviser To Pashinyan
- In the afternoon of September 21 the wind speed may reach up to 20-25 m/s
- French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard dies aged 96
- Elizabeth II congratulates Sarkissian on Armenian Independence Day