Armenia CB forecasts economic growth within 4.6-6.1% in 2019
The Central Bank predicts growth of the Armenian economy in 2019 at the level of 4.6-6.1%, CB Chairman Arthur Javadyan said on Monday during the discussion of the Annual Report on the Central Bank of Armenia in the National Assembly.
"According to our short-term expectations, in 2019, economic growth will be in the range of 4.6-6.1%, which will mainly contribute to consumption in the private sector," he said, adding that this forecast was approved by the Central Bank Council on March 22 , and the main provisions were derived on the basis of research and macro-situation as of February.
According to Javadyan, the high growth of private consumption will mainly contribute to the accelerated rates of loans issued to business. Investment growth is expected at a more modest level, due to the high growth recorded in 2018, which affects the investment performance in 2019.
At the same time, the head of the Central Bank said that the impact of export and fiscal policies on demand will restrain economic growth during the year due to the growth rate of imports and the simultaneous reduction of the state budget deficit.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says