Church of St. Kirakos in Diarbekir will be restored
The Armenian Church of St. Kirakos (Surb Kirakos) in the historical district of Sur of Diyarbekir city (Turkey) will be restored again.
According to the Turkish Sabah edition, the head of the regional office of the General Directorate of Turkish Foundations on the eve announced that work on the restoration of the Armenian church in Diyarbekir would soon be completed.
He also noted that the local community was unable to restore the church by its own means, and the costs were assumed by the regional administration.
Surb Kirakos Church in Diyarbakir is the largest Armenian church in the Middle East. For years, it was abandoned. In 2011, thanks to donations from the Armenian diaspora from different countries (about $ 700,000), the church was restored and reopened to the parishioners. The temple was destroyed again during clashes between Turkish government forces and Kurdish rebels in 2015.
- Life as it is... Today is Grigor Zohrap's birthday NEW 9 MINUTES AGO
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday
- Armenian President meets famous American theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate Kip Thorn in Zurich
- The first in the history Talysh library to open in YSU
- Topics of the talks between Putin and Trump at G20 summit announced
- Delegation led by defense minister participates in Army 2019 International Military- Technical Forum in Russia
- Iranian Foreign Ministry: US forever closed the path of diplomacy
- President proposes to hold 6th STARMUS Festival in Armenia
- Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
- Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
- Winter Olympics 2026 to be held in Italy
- Azerbaijani FM’s claims are of non-constructive nature and devalue the seriousness of the peace process: MFA spokesperson
- US announced sanctions against Iranian FM
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan's speech at 41st session of UN Human Rights Council
- President of Artsakh holds consultation on establishment of Investigation Committee
- Armenia Defense Ministry, Hi-Tech Cyber Security Center launch contest
- ADL and ARFD members held an inter-party meeting
- Opening of Charles Aznavour square in Chaville (PHOTOS)