Church of St. Kirakos in Diarbekir will be restored
The Armenian Church of St. Kirakos (Surb Kirakos) in the historical district of Sur of Diyarbekir city (Turkey) will be restored again.
According to the Turkish Sabah edition, the head of the regional office of the General Directorate of Turkish Foundations on the eve announced that work on the restoration of the Armenian church in Diyarbekir would soon be completed.
He also noted that the local community was unable to restore the church by its own means, and the costs were assumed by the regional administration.
Surb Kirakos Church in Diyarbakir is the largest Armenian church in the Middle East. For years, it was abandoned. In 2011, thanks to donations from the Armenian diaspora from different countries (about $ 700,000), the church was restored and reopened to the parishioners. The temple was destroyed again during clashes between Turkish government forces and Kurdish rebels in 2015.
- Cheese chebureki recipe
- Levon Aronian reaches FIDE World Cup quarterfinals
- Оn 24-27 the air temperature will gradually go up by 6-7 degrees
- Ukraine’s Zelensky signs impeachment bill
- Venezuela’s Maduro says ready for talks with Trump if US changes policy
- System of a Down heading to Portugal, Spain, Germany in 2020
- Rouhani urges Gulf states to jointly ensure the security of the region
- Armenia PM makes new appointment
- Junk food impairs memory, study says
- Can you imagine if I suddenly start speaking without thinking about the consequences?
- Concert marking Komitas’ 150th anniversary held in Moscow
- British Oil Tanker Seized By Iran Will Be Released Soon, Iranian Official Says: Reuters
- Most people do not know that they suffer from migraines
- Levon Aronian reached quarter finals of World Chess Cup
- Azerbaijan attempts subversive attack against Artsakh
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country