Changing your meat-eating habits could mean a longer life: study
Mounting evidence continues to suggest that eating too much red meat -- such as bacon and hot dogs -- is linked with health problems, CNN reports.
A new study finds that changes in your red-meat-eating habits can be tied to your risk of early death. An increase in red meat consumption of at least half a serving per day was linked with a 10% higher risk of early death in the study, published in the medical journal BMJ on Wednesday.
Replacing red meat with other protein sources may help you live longer, the study found.
"The data suggest that replacing red meat with other protein sources, such as poultry, fish, nuts, legumes and whole grains and even vegetables, can reduce the risk of premature death," said Dr. Frank Hu, professor of nutrition and epidemiology and chairman of the Department of Nutrition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, who was senior author of the study.
"What we found is that increasing the consumption of red meat is associated with higher mortality risk, and the risk is particularly high for people who increased their consumption of processed red meat," he said.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year
- Armenia’s national football team improves positions in FIFA World Ranking by 9 points