Deng Xiaoping's cat and flies flying into window
"It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice".
The author of these ingenious quote, Deng Xiaoping, is the godfather of the Chinese miracle and the reform architect, who for almost half a century held leading positions in the political and economic life of China, but was never the first person of this state. Today, on August 22, his 115th anniversary is celebrated.
This little man, whose height was only 152 cm, being a devoted communist, alone denied the myth of the harmfulness and bourgeoisie of the Convergence theory of gradually blurring the lines between socialism and capitalism, which the Communists considered it to be.
Thanks to Deng, in China, this theory has been successfully implemented for more than 40 years in the form of reforms and open politics, introducing itself to the world as socialism with “Chinese specific characteristics”.
Deng Xiaoping took up big politics in the middle of the last century, when it became apparent that Mao Zedong’s “big leap” plan had failed. In a country like China, which has vast resources, about 30 million people died of starvation in a few years then.
Having accepted the coordination of domestic politics, Dan abolished the communes and returned the land to the villagers. On the other hand, he stimulated the development of large-scale industry, paying great attention to the introduction of new technologies. Thanks to such a flexible policy, large foreign investors were attracted to China, which gave a powerful impetus to the country's economy.
At the same time, Deng did not shake the ideological foundations of the state and did not allow serious upheavals in China. Of course, there were such attempts directed from outside, since Her Majesty big politics did not need developing and growing China (recall the student unrest on this occasion and the tragic events in Tiananmen Square), but the Chinese “echelon” had already begun to gain such a span that it was simply impossible to stop, so that Deng could afford to say: “China’s geostrategy must simultaneously pursue two goals: first, to resist US hegemony and its power politics and protect the world; the second is to create a new international political and economic order”.
How much did he succeed in achieving these goals? Judge for yourself.
Summing up, I’ll introduce you to a little but more of quotes by Deng Xiaoping:
- Improving the appearance of the city, we must not forget about the base - the village. About 80% of the population of China lives in villages. The tranquility of Chinese society, the development of the economy, primarily depends on the development of rural areas, the well-being of the peasants.
- Do more and talk less.
- If you open the window into the world too wide, flies will certainly fly into the window.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative NEW 45 MINUTES AGO
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan