Iran sees no prospects for negotiations with the US
Tehran currently does not see prospects for negotiations with the United States, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Abbas Mousavi said.
"At the moment, we see no prospects for negotiations with the United States," he said during the briefing, adding that Tehran does not currently have any reason to negotiate with any of the US government officials.
He noted that Tehran needs to wait for other conditions and follow the further development of the situation.
Over the past month, the situation in relations between the United States and Iran has deteriorated significantly. The US authorities have imposed tough sanctions against key areas of the Iranian economy and continue to increase sanctions pressure.
Washington’s stated goal is to “change the behavior” of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The United States also declared the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) a terrorist organization.
In response, Iran recognized the Central Command of the US Armed Forces (CENTCOM) as a terrorist organization, and the United States itself was "the state sponsor of terrorism."
- How to increase life expectancy? NEW 15 MINUTES AGO
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary