Armenia and Ethiopia sign memorandum within DigiTec 2019
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Armenia and Ethiopia on the sidelines of the DigiTec annual regional IT technology exhibition.
The agreement was signed by the Executive Director of the Union of Advanced Technology Enterprises (UATE) Karen Vardanyan from the Armenian side and Mr Sisay Tola, State Minister for Innovation and Technology from the Ethiopian side.
The document provides for the opening of over 50 engineering laboratories for schoolchildren according to the model operating in Armenia. Students from the age of ten will be taught the basics of programming and engineering. The Armenian side, in turn, will not only provide a model and training programs, but will also conduct training programs provided for teachers in Ethiopia.
The Union of Advanced Technology Enterprises (UATE) has initiated and is implementing for already several years the introduction of “Armath” engineering laboratories in the schools of Armenia and Artsakh. As of January, 2016, 252 engineering laboratories-groups, including nearly 6.300 children, are operating across Armenia. The “Armath” laboratories enable the students to master principles with mathematics and exact sciences, engineering, programming and robotics basics, project and manage UAVs.
- EU summit set to discuss Turkey sanctions
- Why do you feel sleepy after eating?
- Scientists maintain viability of dead brain for several weeks
- Married people live longer than single people
- Yerevan among Booking.com’s 10 trending destinations for 2020
- Militants storm Syrian army post in northern Latakia
- Armenia’s Pashinyan has phone talk with Russia’s Putin
- Porsche teams up with Boeing to build flying cars: The Verge
- Today is Armenian legendary duduk master Djivan Gasparyan's birthday
- Armenian President congratulates King Felipe VI of Spain on National Day
- Today is anti-smoking day in Armenia
- Feast of the Holy Translators - Sts. Mesrob, Yeghishe, Moses of Khoronk, philosopher Davit Anhaght, Gregory of Narek and Nerses the Gracious (Nerses of Kla)
- Cher on Armenian Genocide amid aggravation of Syrian situation: Turk soldiers are still blood thirsty
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go down by 4-6 degrees, on 15-16 will go up by 2-4 degrees
- Marcos Pizzelli gets candid about 11 years in Armenia
- Armenian army subdivision leaves for Belarus
- UN Secretary General calls for de-escalation in Syria
- Opportunities to deepen Armenia-Chile economic ties discussed in Yerevan
- Armenian President hosts participants of international School of Young Leaders
- Ethiopia’s PM wins Nobel Peace Prize 2019
- Reuters: Trump's assistant will reduce US National Security Council staff by third
- Russia not to allow unjust solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- China Reveals Exotic Flying Saucer-Shaped "Armed Helicopter" Concept
- Armenia welcomes any initiative aimed at deepening economic cooperation in CIS – PM Pashinyan
- Owning a dog tied to lowering your risk of dying early by 24%, says science: CNN