First trailer for the live-action remake of Disney's 'Mulan' published
The first trailer for Disney's "Mulan" live-action remake is here.
Fans got a preview of the upcoming film during the World Cup final game. The trailer starts out with Mulan's family delivering the news that a matchmaker has found her an auspicious match. By the end, she's wielding swords and shooting arrows like the fierce warrior we know her to be.
The remake is based on the 1998 animated movie about a Chinese woman who disguises herself as a warrior to spare her father from joining the military. The original film grossed more than $300 million worldwide.
The new "Mulan" is directed by Niki Caro, who most recently directed "The Zookeeper's Wife." Chinese actress Liu Yifei, also known as Crystal Liu, will play the title role, and Jet Li will play the emperor of China.
In a twist on the original film, the remake will feature some new characters while losing a few old favorites.
New Zealand actor Yoson An will play Chen Honghui, who becomes Mulan's most important ally and eventual love interest, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Mulan's original love interest, Li Shang, and her sidekick Mushu are reportedly out.
"Mulan" will be in theaters March 2020.
Source: CNN Entertainment
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross