Exports from Armenia to EU countries decreased by 24.3% in 5 months
In January-May 2019, exports from Armenia to the EU countries were $ 227.7 million, amounting a decrease of 24.3% or $ 73 million compared to the same period of 2018. This is evidenced by the data of the National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Armenia.
According to the data, the reduction in exports to the EU was mainly due to the decline in exports to Romania, where no Armenian products had been exported since the beginning of the year, as well as a 56.1% decrease in exports to Germany. In addition, the highest decline in exports from Armenia was registered in Bulgaria - by 34.8%, Finland - by 27.8%, Austria - by 22.4%, Spain - by 14.8%, Belgium - by 13.3% .
At the same time, export growth was registered in a number of countries, in particular, to Denmark - 2.4 times growth (reaching $ 882.9 thousand), France - 2.6 times (up to $ 4,885.7 thousand) and also to Sweden - 11.3 times (up to $ 733.3 thousand).
During the reporting period, imports from the EU countries to Armenia also decreased by 11.1% - to $ 393 million. At the same time, the largest decline was registered from Greece - by 73.2% (to $ 6.4 million).
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)