Exports from Armenia to EU countries decreased by 24.3% in 5 months
In January-May 2019, exports from Armenia to the EU countries were $ 227.7 million, amounting a decrease of 24.3% or $ 73 million compared to the same period of 2018. This is evidenced by the data of the National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Armenia.
According to the data, the reduction in exports to the EU was mainly due to the decline in exports to Romania, where no Armenian products had been exported since the beginning of the year, as well as a 56.1% decrease in exports to Germany. In addition, the highest decline in exports from Armenia was registered in Bulgaria - by 34.8%, Finland - by 27.8%, Austria - by 22.4%, Spain - by 14.8%, Belgium - by 13.3% .
At the same time, export growth was registered in a number of countries, in particular, to Denmark - 2.4 times growth (reaching $ 882.9 thousand), France - 2.6 times (up to $ 4,885.7 thousand) and also to Sweden - 11.3 times (up to $ 733.3 thousand).
During the reporting period, imports from the EU countries to Armenia also decreased by 11.1% - to $ 393 million. At the same time, the largest decline was registered from Greece - by 73.2% (to $ 6.4 million).
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan
- Armenian National Security Service chief resigns
- Armenian national futsal team begins training
- Venice Commission delegation is in Armenia
- Aronian to face Matlakov at world cup
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacy: Reuters
- Armenia’s Pashinyan holding major news conference in Vanadzor
- GIPHY founder Alex Chung arriving in Armenia for WCIT
- Erdogan says will discuss U.S. missile purchase with Trump
- Armenian FM kicks off official visit to Lithuania
- Armenia’s Arthur 'White Bear' Alexanyan to compete at world championship final with injury
- 5 daily activities necessary to maintain health
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)