Erdogan to open Ara Guler photo exhibition in Japan during G20
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will personally cut the ribbon at the inauguration of an exhibit featuring the work of famed Turkish-Armenian photographer Ara Guler in Kyoto, Japan, Anadolu News Agency reported.
Erdogan is currently in Japan for the G20 summit.
According to Anadolu, the Guler photo show will be exhibited at an 800-year-old Tofukuji temple from June 30 to July 10.
Earlier in April, an Ara Guler photo exhibition was held at London’s Saatchi Gallery.
The exhibition is curated by the Turkish Presidency.
A booklet on the exhibition in Turkish, English, and Japanese will be given to leaders at the G20 summit.
The Ara Guler exhibit will then proceed to the National Museum of the American Indian in New York City at the end of September, coinciding with the UN General Assembly.
Ara Guler died in October 2018 aged 90.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)