Aznavour songs playing nonstop at Yerevan subway on artist’s 95th birthday
The songs of late French-Armenian singer Charles Aznavour are playing nonstop today at all the stations of the subway in the Armenian capital to mark the artist’s birthday, Yerevan Metro spokesperson Tatev Khachatryan said on Facebook.
The legendary singer would turn 95 today. Events paying tribute to Aznavour are scheduled to be held both on his birthday and all year round worldwide. Among them are exhibitions, concerts, inauguration of monuments, naming of public places and institutions.
In a career spanning over 70 years, Aznavour recorded more than 1,200 songs, released 294 albums, performed over 1,000 concerts in 94 countries worldwide and starred in 80 movies. He sold 180 million records during his lifetime.
Charles Aznavour passed away on 1 October 2018.
- Turkish court frees charged U.S. consulate worker from house arrest: Reuters
- ‘New High for Armenian Music’: Glendale Reception Held for UCLA Armenian Music Program
- In most regions rain with thunderstorm is predicted
- ‘Assistants’ Musical Comedy Cowritten by Manny Hagopian Running in NYC
- Armenian, Azeri Foreign Ministers Meet in Washington (video report)
- Recipe Corner: Homemade Apricot Leather
- Venice may get into the "black list" of UNESCO
- Rouhani declared Iran’s unwillingness to fight with anyone
- Benefits of coffee for losing weight: study
- Break dancing provisionally approved for Paris Olympics
- Artsakh names new Secretary of Security Council
- A Delicate Georgian Balance
- Yerevan Council of Elders meeting in process (live)
- Today is International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- PM’s wife attends grand opening of 2019 Fashion Forum Yerevan
- Trump threatened Iran to respond by force to "complete destruction"
- Life as it is... Today is Grigor Zohrap's birthday
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday