Aznavour songs playing nonstop at Yerevan subway on artist’s 95th birthday
The songs of late French-Armenian singer Charles Aznavour are playing nonstop today at all the stations of the subway in the Armenian capital to mark the artist’s birthday, Yerevan Metro spokesperson Tatev Khachatryan said on Facebook.
The legendary singer would turn 95 today. Events paying tribute to Aznavour are scheduled to be held both on his birthday and all year round worldwide. Among them are exhibitions, concerts, inauguration of monuments, naming of public places and institutions.
In a career spanning over 70 years, Aznavour recorded more than 1,200 songs, released 294 albums, performed over 1,000 concerts in 94 countries worldwide and starred in 80 movies. He sold 180 million records during his lifetime.
Charles Aznavour passed away on 1 October 2018.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)