Charles Aznavour on the cover page of Charlie Hebdo
A cartoon featuring Charles Aznavour on the cover page of Charlie Hebdo has angered the family of the legendary crooner.
In the picture, Aznavour is portrayed lying in bed, trying to cut an oxygen pipe with scissors.
The singer’s eldest daughter, Seda Aznavour, has expressed her anger with the satirical magazine on Facebook.
“The Aznavour family and France are above your rotten and shitty weekly Charlie. Still jealous. We’re vaccinated, Charlie. I hope to take a photo like this for a death in your families Charlie. When I think everyone cried for your rag,” reads her post shared on Monday.
“Charlie Hebdo did the same thing for our Johnny (Holiday) , that poor man who had cancer and was worthy to the end. I’m sorry, but it’s not humor”. Added Seta Aznavour
The world-famous French-Armenian musician died on October 1 in his apartment in the south-east of Paris. He was 94.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)