Erdogan plans to open Turkish high schools in France
President Erdogan does not hide his views on the French school. In a recent article, Le Point revealed that the Head of State plans to open Turkish schools in France.
In April, the heads of the French high school in Turkey received several “moderately polite” visits from Ankara officials.
The French high school in Turkey not only welcomes children of foreign parents, but also those who are leaders of the AKP, the Erdogan party, defined as “Islam-nationalist” and conservative.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan has commissioned a Turkish delegation to visit France on May 20 and 21 to observe international high schools. The purpose would then be to demand the creation of Turkish high schools in France.
Opening such facilities is unlikely to be the sole responsibility of the Turkish President but also of the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Contacted by Le Figaro, they have not yet provided the details that are expected on the subject.
The opening of these Turkish institutions in France may well denote a “salafist inspired” policy, at least if the content of the lessons is modeled on what is in Turkey. Erdogan’s Islamization of programs in his country has already raised concerns in the French media in recent years.
In February 2012, the Turkish President declared that he wanted “to form a divine generation”. A statement followed by the creation of three elective courses of religion at the university (Muhammad’s life, reading the Quran and basic religious knowledge) in the summer of 2012.
These focused on the vision of Sunni Islam becoming mandatory in many institutions for lack of other alternatives. Subsequently, the Turkish power gradually replaced the “classical” folk high schools with “early imam” colleges intended for the training of imams and preachers.
Students who have failed entrance exams at the folk high schools are now automatically registered in these religious institutions (even if they do not become imam at the end). Turkey had 1,408 secondary schools of this type in 2017, with 517,000 students.
With a new program released in July 2017, the concept of “jihad” was introduced in most institutions. “Jihad is in our religion and it is the task of the Ministry of Education to ensure that this concept is taught fairly and appropriately”, says Turkish Minister of Education, Ismet Yilmaz.
He said it was not a holy war but a “good jihad” that raised “the love of the fathers”. This program also marked the disappearance of Charles Darwin’s evolutionary theory and exceeded “level of student understanding”.
Much of the program devoted to Ataturk, founder of the Republic of Turkey, is being replaced after the failed coup attempt on July 15, 2016.
Source: Voice of Europe
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters