EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year
European Union ambassadors have agreed to extend the bloc's investment ban on the Crimean Peninsula by another year, RFE/RL reports.
Sources familiar with the matter, speaking on condition of anonymity, told RFE/RL on June 12 that the sanctions will officially be prolonged at ministerial level within the next two weeks.
The EU sanctions were introduced in 2014 over the Crimea issue.
The measures include an EU-wide ban on imports from Crimea unless they have Ukrainian certificates, a ban on cruise ships flying the flag of an EU member state or controlled by a member state to call at ports in Crimea, and a prohibition of the purchase by EU companies of property and companies there.
Under the ban, goods and technology for the transport, telecommunications, and energy sectors also cannot be exported to Crimean companies or for use on the peninsula.
Moscow is also supporting separatists in eastern Ukraine in a conflict that has killed some 13,000 people since April 2014.
EU leaders are expected to prolong the bloc's economic sanctions against Russia, which mainly target the country's energy and banking sectors, by six months when they meet in Brussels on June 20.
- Syrian Restaurants in Armenia: A Pinch of Home, A Taste of Exile
- First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
- Аwards ceremony for the winners of 2018/2019 season was held
- Exiled Turkish journalist reunited with family in Germany after 3 years
- Karabakh President visits Askeran, Martakert Regions
- Apple registers 7 Mac notebooks in Eurasian database
- Recipe Corner: Guest Recipe: Baked Spinach and Eggs (Havgitov Spanach)
- Everything you should know about proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle: Lidia Ayvazyan is the guest of Hay Dzayn Today
- Minsk 2019: Lineup of the Armenia Greco-Roman wrestling team
- Pashinyan Faces Traps in and out of Armenia: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Yerevan-Tehran roundtrip regular flights launched on June 15
- Yervand Kochar's most famous sculptures
- President Sarkissian congratulated China’s Xi Jinping on birthday
- Armenia's Levon Aronian shares 2nd-3rd spots at Norway Chess
- Today is Republic of Armenia National Flag Day
- 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
- Today is Armenian prominent sculptor Ervand Kochar’s birthday
- Journalist Deniz Yücel Speaks Out on Arrest in Turkey
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon Panossian Gives Kids Smiles in Armenia
- Interview with President Armen Sarkissian: Financial Times of London
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe Leaks То Preview Stunning 6 Series GC Successor
- Armenia improves standing in Global Peace Index
- EU will extend Russia sanctions for another year
- Armenia’s national football team improves positions in FIFA World Ranking by 9 points