Europe to choose best young athlete
The European Olympic Committees have started to accept candidatures for the 9th Piotr Nurowski Annual Prize.
It is awarded to the best athlete in Summer Sports. The final list of candidatures will be revealed after September 9 when all the European Olympic Committees will have sent their participants’ applications.
Till 2016 the best European young athlete was elected both from Summer and Winners Sports but in the last three years the election is made separately.
In 2018 Austrian cyclist Laura Stigger was named the best young athlete in Summer Sports while figure skater Alexandra Tursova was named the best in Winter Sports.
All the finalists will receive monetary awards which can be used only for educational purposes.
The winner will be announced at the EOC General Assembly in Warsaw on October 26.
The Prize is given in honor of the President of the Olympic Committee of Poland, Piotr Nurowski who died in 2010 in a plane crash.
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK