Europe to choose best young athlete
The European Olympic Committees have started to accept candidatures for the 9th Piotr Nurowski Annual Prize.
It is awarded to the best athlete in Summer Sports. The final list of candidatures will be revealed after September 9 when all the European Olympic Committees will have sent their participants’ applications.
Till 2016 the best European young athlete was elected both from Summer and Winners Sports but in the last three years the election is made separately.
In 2018 Austrian cyclist Laura Stigger was named the best young athlete in Summer Sports while figure skater Alexandra Tursova was named the best in Winter Sports.
All the finalists will receive monetary awards which can be used only for educational purposes.
The winner will be announced at the EOC General Assembly in Warsaw on October 26.
The Prize is given in honor of the President of the Olympic Committee of Poland, Piotr Nurowski who died in 2010 in a plane crash.
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury
- Hidden Painting Under da Vinci Masterpiece Revealed with New Imaging
- Armenian president congratulates Afghan counterpart, people on Independence Day
- April four-day war hero Adam Sahakyan would turn 23 today
- Today is World Humanitarian Day
- Vahagn Davtyan won gold at Open Israeli Championship
- Over 1.7 Mln People Joined Sunday’s Demonstration in Hong Kong
- Levon Aronian played draw at Sinkfield Cup
- Today is World Photography Day
- Armenia government to allocate additional 2.1bn drams for army
- Armenia most popular foreign destination among Russians
- SOAD bassist still hopes the band will make new records
- Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio