Explosions rock southwest Latakia as militants attack Russian airbase
Several loud explosions were heard around the coastal city of Jableh this evening as the militants in northeastern Latakia attempted to attack the Hmeimim Airbase, Al-Masdar News reports.
According to a military source near the Hmeimim Airbase, the militants used attack drones to bomb the military installation.
The source said the Russian air defenses were immediately activated when the militant drones reached the northeastern perimeter of the Hmeimim Airbase.
No bombs were reported to have hit the Hmeimim Airbase; however, some of the militant projectiles hit the nearby areas.
The attack by the militant forces marks the first time this month that they have targeted the Hmeimim Airbase in southwestern Latakia.
- EU summit set to discuss Turkey sanctions
- Why do you feel sleepy after eating?
- Scientists maintain viability of dead brain for several weeks
- Married people live longer than single people
- Yerevan among Booking.com’s 10 trending destinations for 2020
- Militants storm Syrian army post in northern Latakia
- Armenia’s Pashinyan has phone talk with Russia’s Putin
- Porsche teams up with Boeing to build flying cars: The Verge
- Today is Armenian legendary duduk master Djivan Gasparyan's birthday
- Armenian President congratulates King Felipe VI of Spain on National Day
- Today is anti-smoking day in Armenia
- Feast of the Holy Translators - Sts. Mesrob, Yeghishe, Moses of Khoronk, philosopher Davit Anhaght, Gregory of Narek and Nerses the Gracious (Nerses of Kla)
- Cher on Armenian Genocide amid aggravation of Syrian situation: Turk soldiers are still blood thirsty
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go down by 4-6 degrees, on 15-16 will go up by 2-4 degrees
- Marcos Pizzelli gets candid about 11 years in Armenia
- Armenian army subdivision leaves for Belarus
- UN Secretary General calls for de-escalation in Syria
- Opportunities to deepen Armenia-Chile economic ties discussed in Yerevan
- Armenian President hosts participants of international School of Young Leaders
- Reuters: Trump's assistant will reduce US National Security Council staff by third
- Ethiopia’s PM wins Nobel Peace Prize 2019
- Russia not to allow unjust solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- China Reveals Exotic Flying Saucer-Shaped "Armed Helicopter" Concept
- Armenia welcomes any initiative aimed at deepening economic cooperation in CIS – PM Pashinyan
- Owning a dog tied to lowering your risk of dying early by 24%, says science: CNN