Armenian side prevents Azerbaijan’s attempts to include wording on Metsamor’s suspension in Nuclear Security resolution
Head of the Armenian delegation to PACE Arpine Harutyunyan stated that she has managed to prevent appointment of biased co-rapporteur on Armenia known for his anti-Armenian approaches.
She said as a result new Slovenian co-rapporteur Andrej Šircelj has been appointed.
“At the PACE October session resolution on Nuclear Security has been adopted that defines the events the member states are to carry out for raising the safety level of nuclear plants in the territory of Europe,” she informed, adding that with the resolution the Assembly demands from Belarusian authorities not to use the Ostrovets nuclear plant being built 45 km from Lithuania’s capital Vilnius until it corresponds to all the international criteria.
“The Azerbaijani delegation was trying to include wording in the resolution on suspension of the activity of Metsamor nuclear plant which was prevented by the Armenian delegation,” she wrote in her Facebook page.
- Earthquake hits Armenia's Shirak Province
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan