First-ever Armenian-language TV station launches in Turkey
Turkey's first Armenian-language television station, Luys TV, has hit the airwaves, according to the journalist spearheading the project, Hurriyet Daily News reports.
“Every Friday night, for the first time in Turkey we're broadcasting news in Western Armenian,” said Aram Kuran, the station's chief, referring to one of the two branches of the Armenian language.
“We also have live broadcasts two days a week,” he told Anadolu Agency, adding that they hope to expand the program schedule.
The station's team started work on Luys TV - meaning "light" in Armenian - nearly two years ago, Kuran explained.
The station will include news items from Turkish agencies translated into Armenian, as well as spotlights on politics, fashion, culture, contemporary issues, and music and programs for children, he added.
Most of the programs will be in Armenian, he explained, but some will be in Turkish as well.
National Turkish broadcaster TRT has also given the station access to its archive, including documentaries on minorities, he said.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)