RA Ambassador to Canada Anahit Harutyunyan presented her credentials
On July 9, Armenian Ambassador to Canada Anahit Harutyunyan presented her credentials to Governor-General of Canada Julie Payette. As reported by the Department of Media and Public Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, the Governor-General congratulated the Ambassador of Armenia on her appointment and wished success in the implementation of an important mission.
Referring to the warm friendly relations existing between Armenia and Canada, Julie Payette expressed hope that the Ambassador would make an effective contribution to strengthening and deepening bilateral ties.
Expressing gratitude to the Governor-General for the good wishes, Anahit Harutyunyan assured that her activities will be aimed at deepening bilateral ties and expanding mutually beneficial cooperation. Touching upon Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s official visit to Armenia last year, Ambassador Harutyunyan stressed that this historic event, recalled with particular enthusiasm and warmth, gave a new impetus and quality to the Armenian-Canadian partnership.
The interlocutors highly appreciated the role of the Armenian community of Canada in the formation and development of bilateral friendly relations.
Anahit Harutyunyan reaffirmed her gratitude to the Armenian authorities and the Armenian people for recognizing and condemning the Armenian Genocide by the legislative and executive bodies of Canada, as well as for establishing on April 24 the Armenian Genocide Commemoration Day.
A solemn ceremony in the historic fortress of Quebec was followed by a personal conversation between Julie Payette and Anahit Harutyunyan.
RA Ambassador to Ottawa Ara Mkrtchyan and Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia in Toronto Varuzhan Lapoyan accompanied the RA Ambassador.
On this occasion, a traditional photo was taken with Julie Payette, in which the RA Ambassador and Consul are surrounded by members of the Armenian delegation, which included the Spiritual Leader of Canadian Armenians, Bishop Abgar Hovakimyan, Archbishop Babken Charyan, also, representatives of the Ramkavar Azatakan party (ADL ), ARFD, Hnchakyan SDP, as well as representatives of the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU).
The meeting was also attended by the representative of ADL Supreme Council Dr. Arshavir Keonchyan, as well as ADL member Ara Palyan.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says