RA Ambassador to Canada Anahit Harutyunyan presented her credentials
On July 9, Armenian Ambassador to Canada Anahit Harutyunyan presented her credentials to Governor-General of Canada Julie Payette. As reported by the Department of Media and Public Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, the Governor-General congratulated the Ambassador of Armenia on her appointment and wished success in the implementation of an important mission.
Referring to the warm friendly relations existing between Armenia and Canada, Julie Payette expressed hope that the Ambassador would make an effective contribution to strengthening and deepening bilateral ties.
Expressing gratitude to the Governor-General for the good wishes, Anahit Harutyunyan assured that her activities will be aimed at deepening bilateral ties and expanding mutually beneficial cooperation. Touching upon Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s official visit to Armenia last year, Ambassador Harutyunyan stressed that this historic event, recalled with particular enthusiasm and warmth, gave a new impetus and quality to the Armenian-Canadian partnership.
The interlocutors highly appreciated the role of the Armenian community of Canada in the formation and development of bilateral friendly relations.
Anahit Harutyunyan reaffirmed her gratitude to the Armenian authorities and the Armenian people for recognizing and condemning the Armenian Genocide by the legislative and executive bodies of Canada, as well as for establishing on April 24 the Armenian Genocide Commemoration Day.
A solemn ceremony in the historic fortress of Quebec was followed by a personal conversation between Julie Payette and Anahit Harutyunyan.
RA Ambassador to Ottawa Ara Mkrtchyan and Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia in Toronto Varuzhan Lapoyan accompanied the RA Ambassador.
On this occasion, a traditional photo was taken with Julie Payette, in which the RA Ambassador and Consul are surrounded by members of the Armenian delegation, which included the Spiritual Leader of Canadian Armenians, Bishop Abgar Hovakimyan, Archbishop Babken Charyan, also, representatives of the Ramkavar Azatakan party (ADL ), ARFD, Hnchakyan SDP, as well as representatives of the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU).
The meeting was also attended by the representative of ADL Supreme Council Dr. Arshavir Keonchyan, as well as ADL member Ara Palyan.
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police