UN Secretary-General urged not to waste a minute in addressing climate crisis
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres believes that climate problems require an immediate solution. He stated this in his address to the participants of the tenth international meeting of high representatives responsible for security issues.
The text was read on June 18 by the Deputy Secretary General, the head of the UN Counter-Terrorism Office, Vladimir Voronkov.
“The global climate crisis threatens our very existence and equally affects both security issues and development issues,” TASS quotes an excerpt from the speech. According to Guterres, a strong political will is needed to solve the climate crisis and "there is no time to waste".
The UN Secretary-General clarified that it was for this reason that he convened a climate summit on September 23. According to him, no country in the world can cope with climate problems alone. Guterresch asked in his address the leaders of the UN countries to voice specific plans to address these issues.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)