US State Department congratulates Armenian People
The US State Department issued a statement in which the United States congratulated the Armenian people on the parliamentary elections held on December 9.
The United States welcomes the assessments of the OSCE Office of Democratic Institutions and Human Rights regarding these elections, which state that the elections were competitive, the candidates freely conducted their campaigns.
“The United States agrees with the preliminary assessments of the OSCE that the elections enjoyed wide public confidence, the fundamental rights and freedoms were respected. We urge the authorities to follow the recommendations of the OSCE and the Venice Commission in future elections, ”the statement says.
The US Department of State notes that significant changes are coming in Armenia this year.
“For 27 years, the United States sought to support democratic changes in Armenia, the development of institutions, and we will continue to do so. We plan to cooperate with the new parliament of Armenia and its government, deepening our 2-sided partnership and cooperation in the name of the rule of law, fighting corruption, developing trade and investment, security in the region and around the world, ”the statement says.
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police