US State Department congratulates Armenian People
The US State Department issued a statement in which the United States congratulated the Armenian people on the parliamentary elections held on December 9.
The United States welcomes the assessments of the OSCE Office of Democratic Institutions and Human Rights regarding these elections, which state that the elections were competitive, the candidates freely conducted their campaigns.
“The United States agrees with the preliminary assessments of the OSCE that the elections enjoyed wide public confidence, the fundamental rights and freedoms were respected. We urge the authorities to follow the recommendations of the OSCE and the Venice Commission in future elections, ”the statement says.
The US Department of State notes that significant changes are coming in Armenia this year.
“For 27 years, the United States sought to support democratic changes in Armenia, the development of institutions, and we will continue to do so. We plan to cooperate with the new parliament of Armenia and its government, deepening our 2-sided partnership and cooperation in the name of the rule of law, fighting corruption, developing trade and investment, security in the region and around the world, ”the statement says.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)