Rosatom delivered a turbogenerator to the Armenian NPP
ROSATOM has delivered a turbo-generator to the Armenian NPP. This is already the second turbine generator, which is supplied to the ANPP in the year as part of the project for the modernization and extension of the plant’s operational life, which is being implemented by JSC Rusatom Service, which is part of the state corporation.
According to the release, this is a new generation of equipment and will increase the efficiency of the station and increase the production of electricity. The first was delivered in 2017 and has already replaced the turbine generator that has worked its life, which has worked at the station since the late 1970s.
“After upgrading the equipment at the ANPP, which also involves the replacement of turbines, transformers, power supply systems, capacitors, restoration of cooling towers, with the same amount of fuel consumed, we will generate energy ~ 40 MW more than the current level.
The increase in efficiency will make it possible to reduce the cost per unit of electricity generated, which is extremely important for stabilizing selling prices, ” - Movses Vardanyan, Director General of the Armenian NPP, said.
The installation of the second turbogenerator will be carried out in 2019, as part of a complex of installation and commissioning works in the machine room of the station (according to the general project of modernization of power generation systems). These works started in April 2018 and will last until the end of 2019. In parallel with the work in the engine room in 2019, work will begin to improve the safety of the main station systems.
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis