Rosatom delivered a turbogenerator to the Armenian NPP
ROSATOM has delivered a turbo-generator to the Armenian NPP. This is already the second turbine generator, which is supplied to the ANPP in the year as part of the project for the modernization and extension of the plant’s operational life, which is being implemented by JSC Rusatom Service, which is part of the state corporation.
According to the release, this is a new generation of equipment and will increase the efficiency of the station and increase the production of electricity. The first was delivered in 2017 and has already replaced the turbine generator that has worked its life, which has worked at the station since the late 1970s.
“After upgrading the equipment at the ANPP, which also involves the replacement of turbines, transformers, power supply systems, capacitors, restoration of cooling towers, with the same amount of fuel consumed, we will generate energy ~ 40 MW more than the current level.
The increase in efficiency will make it possible to reduce the cost per unit of electricity generated, which is extremely important for stabilizing selling prices, ” - Movses Vardanyan, Director General of the Armenian NPP, said.
The installation of the second turbogenerator will be carried out in 2019, as part of a complex of installation and commissioning works in the machine room of the station (according to the general project of modernization of power generation systems). These works started in April 2018 and will last until the end of 2019. In parallel with the work in the engine room in 2019, work will begin to improve the safety of the main station systems.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)