7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games’ torch heads from Turkey’s Van to Karabakh’s Stepanakert
A delegation from the World Committee of the Pan-Armenian Games has carried out the ceremony of the lighting of the torch of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games, and the torch has started its journey to Stepanakert, the capital city of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), the press service of the aforesaid committee reports.
The Armenian delegation arrived in Van, Turkey, on board a direct flight from Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia.
During her meeting with the visiting Armenian delegation, Mayor of Van Bedia Ertan noted that the Pan-Armenian Games can contribute to the development of sporting, tourism, and cultural ties. In response, World Committee of the Pan-Armenian Games Chairman Ishkhan Zakaryan informed that the committee was considering holding the next Pan-Armenian Games jointly in Van and Yerevan.
At the talk with Mayor Ayhan Bilgen of Kars, Turkey, Zakaryan put forward the idea of holding events both in Kars and in Gyumri, Armenia, with the program of the Pan-Armenian Games.
Receiving the visiting Armenian delegation, Mayor of Iğdır, Turkey, Yasar Akkuş expressed a wish for the opening of the Armenian-Turkish border, and the establishing of good-neighborly relations through such sporting events.
Under the national flags of Armenia and Artsakh, the torch of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games was lit at the foot of Musa Dagh in Turkey. Subsequently, the torch reached the peak of this mountain—the site of the heroic battle of Musa Dagh, where the local Armenians waged a 40-day-long resistance against the Ottoman troops in 1915, during World War I, and at the beginning of the Armenian Genocide.
The Armenian delegation was received also by Mayor Feyat Asya of Muş, Turkey.
The mayors of Van, Muş, Iğdır, and Kars accepted Ishkhan Zakaryan’s invitation to participate in 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)