Official Statement Of The Clergy And The Executive Council Of The Western Diocese Of The Armenian Church Of North America
We, the clergy serving in the Western Diocese, want to bring to the attention of our faithful and all members of the community, that recently we have witnessed a series of unacceptable and contemptible attacks, privately funded, directed at the good name and character of the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians and our own Primate of the Western Diocese of North America.
It is clear that these baseless attacks, which are entirely fictitious, are without any merit. Furthermore, they are being fabricated by vicious slanderers who, referring to themselves as "nationalists," have no affiliation with the Church or the Christian faith. We know well that those who would seek to compromise the reputation of our Pontiff and Diocesan Primate are being motivated by personal interest and profit.
We wish to ensure the faithful, that the entirety of the clergy of the Western Diocese, along with the Diocesan Council, gathered in joint defense of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Catholicos of All Armenians, and the Diocesan Primate, in one unified voice and with no reservation, boldly condemn any baseless slander directed at the person of the Pontiff or the Primate. We call upon all those Armenian organizations, found within the area of the Western Diocese, whether they be national, political, spiritual, cultural, or charitable, to officially proclaim their condemnation of the incendiary statements of these provocateurs.
If we genuinely desire to be "children of light," we must direct our attention to light and truth, condemning the dark and the prince of darkness. In his First Epistle, St. Peter cautions, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 All clergy of the Western Diocese, the Diocesan Council, and all Diocesan organizations stand in united support of our Diocesan Primate and any future legal steps that may be taken.
We offer our prayers to God that by shattering evil and evil influence, love and harmony reign supreme in our community life.
Clergy of the Western Diocese Diocesan Council
Burbank, CA, USA
January 11, 2019
- Armenian cuisine: kutap
- ‘Roupen Herian: Rescuer of Armenian Orphans’ Program Hosted by Tekeyan Cultural Association Metro Los Angeles Chapter
- In Yerevan In the daytime of January 23, 24, 27 no precipitation is predicted
- Ararat Mirzoyan received Piotr Świtalski
- Elevators production to be set up in Kotayk region
- Director Johnny Kevorkian Releases ‘Await Further Instructions,’ Talks about Biggest Influences
- Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers Meet Again
- Pashinyan commented on his meeting with Aliyev (live)
- US, Iran and Turkey use the Armenian factor to weaken Russia's position in the Caucasus
- Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hit Turkey
- Putin’s schedule for January 25 does not include meeting with Pashinyan yet: Peskov
- In Search of Leonard, My Martyred Ancestor
- Eiffel Tower opened for visitors after a snowfall
- Symbolism and Realism in the Karabakh Issue
- We should shake Lukashenko's outstretched hand
- US Senator condemning the Armenian Genocide to compete for presidency
- Human Rights Defender offered proposals to the servicemen on affordable housing conditions
- Naira Zohrabyan received a proposal from the EU: "Zhamanak"
- Pashinyan held an informal meeting with Aliyev in Davos
- Italian Tenor Alessandro Safina Announces US Tour in April Featuring Victor Espinola and Forbidden Saints
- Air temperature to go up by 5-7 degrees
- Manvel Grigoryan arrested: he was transferred to “Yerevan-Kentron” prison
- Daron Malakian's Scars On Broadway unveil U.S. tour dates
- Structure of the Armenian government to change within a month
- Recipe Corner: Garbanzo Bean and Vegetable Soup