Official Statement Of The Clergy And The Executive Council Of The Western Diocese Of The Armenian Church Of North America
We, the clergy serving in the Western Diocese, want to bring to the attention of our faithful and all members of the community, that recently we have witnessed a series of unacceptable and contemptible attacks, privately funded, directed at the good name and character of the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians and our own Primate of the Western Diocese of North America.
It is clear that these baseless attacks, which are entirely fictitious, are without any merit. Furthermore, they are being fabricated by vicious slanderers who, referring to themselves as "nationalists," have no affiliation with the Church or the Christian faith. We know well that those who would seek to compromise the reputation of our Pontiff and Diocesan Primate are being motivated by personal interest and profit.
We wish to ensure the faithful, that the entirety of the clergy of the Western Diocese, along with the Diocesan Council, gathered in joint defense of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Catholicos of All Armenians, and the Diocesan Primate, in one unified voice and with no reservation, boldly condemn any baseless slander directed at the person of the Pontiff or the Primate. We call upon all those Armenian organizations, found within the area of the Western Diocese, whether they be national, political, spiritual, cultural, or charitable, to officially proclaim their condemnation of the incendiary statements of these provocateurs.
If we genuinely desire to be "children of light," we must direct our attention to light and truth, condemning the dark and the prince of darkness. In his First Epistle, St. Peter cautions, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 All clergy of the Western Diocese, the Diocesan Council, and all Diocesan organizations stand in united support of our Diocesan Primate and any future legal steps that may be taken.
We offer our prayers to God that by shattering evil and evil influence, love and harmony reign supreme in our community life.
Clergy of the Western Diocese Diocesan Council
Burbank, CA, USA
January 11, 2019
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)