Official Statement Of The Clergy And The Executive Council Of The Western Diocese Of The Armenian Church Of North America
We, the clergy serving in the Western Diocese, want to bring to the attention of our faithful and all members of the community, that recently we have witnessed a series of unacceptable and contemptible attacks, privately funded, directed at the good name and character of the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians and our own Primate of the Western Diocese of North America.
It is clear that these baseless attacks, which are entirely fictitious, are without any merit. Furthermore, they are being fabricated by vicious slanderers who, referring to themselves as "nationalists," have no affiliation with the Church or the Christian faith. We know well that those who would seek to compromise the reputation of our Pontiff and Diocesan Primate are being motivated by personal interest and profit.
We wish to ensure the faithful, that the entirety of the clergy of the Western Diocese, along with the Diocesan Council, gathered in joint defense of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Catholicos of All Armenians, and the Diocesan Primate, in one unified voice and with no reservation, boldly condemn any baseless slander directed at the person of the Pontiff or the Primate. We call upon all those Armenian organizations, found within the area of the Western Diocese, whether they be national, political, spiritual, cultural, or charitable, to officially proclaim their condemnation of the incendiary statements of these provocateurs.
If we genuinely desire to be "children of light," we must direct our attention to light and truth, condemning the dark and the prince of darkness. In his First Epistle, St. Peter cautions, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 All clergy of the Western Diocese, the Diocesan Council, and all Diocesan organizations stand in united support of our Diocesan Primate and any future legal steps that may be taken.
We offer our prayers to God that by shattering evil and evil influence, love and harmony reign supreme in our community life.
Clergy of the Western Diocese Diocesan Council
Burbank, CA, USA
January 11, 2019
- Italy’s Lazio Region Recognizes Armenian Genocide NEW 4 MINUTES AGO
- World’s leading experts to discuss Armenia’s economy development prospects in Yerevan
- VEM Ensemble to Perform at Holy Trinity Armenian Church on March 31
- Eurimages to provide €140 000 to Armenian-German co-production Aurora's Sunrise
- Armenia participated in Leipzig annual book fair
- FM introduced RA approaches on Artsakh conflict peaceful settlement to Armed Forces leadership
- Date and place of Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting may take place on March 29
- Armenia-Finland match to be served by referees from Montenegro
- Extraordinary session of the Government started
- Recipe Corner: Beef and Bean Enchiladas
- Bako Sahakyan convened consultation with heads of regional administrations
- Ara Khatchadourian Tackles Mountains, Life and Obstacles
- President Sahakyan chaired the meeting of the NKR Cabinet of Ministers
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan handed over his Arsenal shirt to the President Sarkissian
- Erdogan proposed to change Hagia Sophia status to mosque
- Operative meeting of RA Armed Forces leadership has kicked off
- Government to convene extraordinary session today
- Congress considers Trump's impeachment
- There has been no Trump-Moscow collusion: investigation
- Nikol Pashinyan to hold closed working meeting at defense ministry
- Kim Jong-un may visit Russia in the near future
- Serbia refused to join NATO
- Stoltenberg noted progress of Georgia in NATO integration process
- Today is the birthday of Archbishop Sebouh Chouldjian
- New Turkey-Iran-Qatar axis is rising in Middle East, and it has Saudi Arabia furious