Official Statement Of The Clergy And The Executive Council Of The Western Diocese Of The Armenian Church Of North America
We, the clergy serving in the Western Diocese, want to bring to the attention of our faithful and all members of the community, that recently we have witnessed a series of unacceptable and contemptible attacks, privately funded, directed at the good name and character of the Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians and our own Primate of the Western Diocese of North America.
It is clear that these baseless attacks, which are entirely fictitious, are without any merit. Furthermore, they are being fabricated by vicious slanderers who, referring to themselves as "nationalists," have no affiliation with the Church or the Christian faith. We know well that those who would seek to compromise the reputation of our Pontiff and Diocesan Primate are being motivated by personal interest and profit.
We wish to ensure the faithful, that the entirety of the clergy of the Western Diocese, along with the Diocesan Council, gathered in joint defense of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Catholicos of All Armenians, and the Diocesan Primate, in one unified voice and with no reservation, boldly condemn any baseless slander directed at the person of the Pontiff or the Primate. We call upon all those Armenian organizations, found within the area of the Western Diocese, whether they be national, political, spiritual, cultural, or charitable, to officially proclaim their condemnation of the incendiary statements of these provocateurs.
If we genuinely desire to be "children of light," we must direct our attention to light and truth, condemning the dark and the prince of darkness. In his First Epistle, St. Peter cautions, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 All clergy of the Western Diocese, the Diocesan Council, and all Diocesan organizations stand in united support of our Diocesan Primate and any future legal steps that may be taken.
We offer our prayers to God that by shattering evil and evil influence, love and harmony reign supreme in our community life.
Clergy of the Western Diocese Diocesan Council
Burbank, CA, USA
January 11, 2019
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris