Armenian wrestlers win four gold medals at Grand Prix de France
Armenian wrestlers won four gold and two bronze medals in the men's Greco-Roman events at the United World Wrestling Grand Prix de France Henri Deglane in Nice.
In particular, Rudik Mkrtchyan (55 kg weight category), Karen Aslanyan (67 kg), Hrant Kalachyan (72 kg) and Arsen Julfalakyan (77 kg) took first prizes in their respective categories.
Gevorg Gharibyan (60 kg) and Artur Shahinyan (97 kg), meanwhile, won bronze medals.
More than 300 wrestlers had registered to compete in the 45th edition of the prestigious event, regarded as an International Tournament by United World Wrestling and not part of its ranking series.
The event is named after Deglane, who won Olympic gold for France in the heavyweight category at their home Paris Games in 1924.
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic NEW 23 MINUTES AGO
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC
- Banan cookies recipe
- Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan shares point with Shakhriyar Mamedyarov