Current national anthem of Armenia should change: it is right to restore Aram Khachatryan's anthem
During the last few days, debates over changing the national anthem have been activated again. Basically, the discussions show that our current anthem does not fit the status of Armenia nowadays.
In an interview with HAY DZAYN, People's Artist of the Republic of Armenia, Professor Tovmas Poghosyan touched upon the issue of changing the anthem, noting that in his opinion the Armenian national anthem should be changed. "It would be right to restore Aram Khachatryan's anthem with some edited words".
Composer Daniel Erazhisht (Musician) also agrees to change the anthem, thinking that Aram Khachatryan's anthem should be restored with some edition of the lyrics. "It is necessary to change the lyrics in accordance with our days. The roots of that hymn are deep, they are reaching Nerses Shnorhali. Aram Khachatryan's anthem includes Western Armenia and Eastern Armenia, both past and present, spiritual and secular, there is no other synthesis of all ot once in any other anthem".
It should be noted that the head of the Union of Composers of Armenia Aram Satyan also mentioned that the Union and all the composers favor this change and added that Aram Khachatryan's work is written on a permanent basis and has a spiritual importance for the state.
Let us also add that the criticism of today's anthem has almost always been, at the same time, the anthem was not acceptable simultaneously both for the society and the intelligentsia.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)