Current national anthem of Armenia should change: it is right to restore Aram Khachatryan's anthem
During the last few days, debates over changing the national anthem have been activated again. Basically, the discussions show that our current anthem does not fit the status of Armenia nowadays.
In an interview with HAY DZAYN, People's Artist of the Republic of Armenia, Professor Tovmas Poghosyan touched upon the issue of changing the anthem, noting that in his opinion the Armenian national anthem should be changed. "It would be right to restore Aram Khachatryan's anthem with some edited words".
Composer Daniel Erazhisht (Musician) also agrees to change the anthem, thinking that Aram Khachatryan's anthem should be restored with some edition of the lyrics. "It is necessary to change the lyrics in accordance with our days. The roots of that hymn are deep, they are reaching Nerses Shnorhali. Aram Khachatryan's anthem includes Western Armenia and Eastern Armenia, both past and present, spiritual and secular, there is no other synthesis of all ot once in any other anthem".
It should be noted that the head of the Union of Composers of Armenia Aram Satyan also mentioned that the Union and all the composers favor this change and added that Aram Khachatryan's work is written on a permanent basis and has a spiritual importance for the state.
Let us also add that the criticism of today's anthem has almost always been, at the same time, the anthem was not acceptable simultaneously both for the society and the intelligentsia.
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis