EU-Armenia relations will further deepen and intensify: Armen Sarkissian met with Donald Tusk
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian received President of the European Council Donald Tusk on July 10, the Presidential Office told Armenpress.
Welcoming Mr. Tusk’s visit to Armenia, President Sakissian expressed confidence that he will enjoy his trip especially that Armenia is the country that shares the European values.
“Armenia not only signed an agreement with the European Union, but also is the country which is deeply European especially from cultural terms and has always been so. Therefore, it’s more than natural that we are coming closer to the EU. Armenia has always been the cradle of the European values, starting from our religion, culture up to literature and music”, he said.
Coming to the Armenia-EU ties, Armen Sarkissian expressed confidence that these relations will further deepen and intensify with the EU in the future. “We have a great potential for that”, the Armenian President said and invited Donald Tusk to visit Armenia also with his family.
In his turn the European Council President thanked for the warm welcome and informed that this is his third visit Armenia. “I feel myself like at home”, he said.
During their talk President Sarkissian and Donald Tusk exchanged views on a number of issues of the Armenia-EU agenda, as well as touched upon the cooperation in different areas.
- Iran warns of attacks by US or Saudi Arabia NEW 4 MINUTES AGO
- President Sarkissian awards writer Alexander Topchyan with medal
- Today is Vazgen I birthday
- Yekaterinburg to host a concert to mark Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Armenia, Azerbaijan FMs to meet in New York on September 23
- Labor strike and boycotting of classes in Jermuk town for saving Amulsar
- Arman Sargsyan appointed acting Armenian police chief
- Instagram Users Under 18 Will Soon Be Blocked From Seeing Posts Promoting Certain Cosmetic Surgery And Diet Products: Buzzfeed
- Earthquake hits Armenia's Shirak Province
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day
- Brain needs lot of time to recover from alcohol
- Today is 150th anniversary of the birth of Armenian satirist writer Yervand Otyan
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador