Armenia improves position in Global Competitiveness Report
Armenia has improved its competitiveness index by 1.4 points in the Global Competitiveness Report 2019 released by the World Economic Forum. As a result, Armenia is ranked 69th in the list of 141 countries. Last year the country was ranked 70th in this list.
Armenia has recorded the highest figure in the pillar of the Labor Market, capturing the 32nd place in the list of 141 countries. At the same time, among the pillars the greatest progress was registered in the Macroeconomic Stability where Armenia is ranked 64th, which means that the country has improved its positions by 25 points against the previous report.
In the Financial System pillar, Armenia again improved its positions, capturing the 69th place.
According to the report, regress has been registered in the Product Market pillar, where Armenia’s positions have declined by 5 points.
In the group of the countries of the Eurasian region, Azerbaijan recorded progress by 11 points, Kazakhstan by 4 points, Moldova by 2 and Kyrgyzstan by 1. Among the countries that recorded regress are Georgia (8 points), Tajikistan (2) and Ukraine (2). Russia has maintained its position and is ranked 43rd.
Countries closer to Armenia with the Global Competitiveness Index are Vietnam, India, Jordan and Brazil.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says