Armenia condemns Turkey's "military invasion" of Syria
Armenia condemns the military invasion by Turkey in north-east Syria, which would lead to deterioration of regional security, losses among civilians, mass displacement and eventually to a new humanitarian crisis, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Thursday, October 10.
The Ministry cited the plight of ethnic and religious minorities as an issue of particular concern.
"This military invasion also creates an imminent threat of identity based grave and massive violations of human rights," the statement read.
"Armenia calls for effective international measures aimed at halting this military invasion, preventing mass atrocities and protecting the population of Syria bordering Turkey.
"Armenia supports the unity and sovereignty of Syria and urges to refrain from military offensive against Syria and its people. Armenia will continue to provide humanitarian assistance to the friendly people of Syria on the ground."
- Georgian PM Giorgi Gakharia to arrive in Armenia on official visit NEW 6 MINUTES AGO
- Berlin suspends exports of arms to Turkey over operation in Syria - foreign minister NEW 21 MINUTES AGO
- Number of typhoon victims in Japan rises to 40 people — media
- Turkey and the Kurds must not let ISIS militants escape from Syrian prisons – Trump
- Komitas's letter to Arshak Chopanyan
- EU summit set to discuss Turkey sanctions
- Why do you feel sleepy after eating?
- Scientists maintain viability of dead brain for several weeks
- Married people live longer than single people
- Yerevan among Booking.com’s 10 trending destinations for 2020
- Militants storm Syrian army post in northern Latakia
- Armenia’s Pashinyan has phone talk with Russia’s Putin
- Porsche teams up with Boeing to build flying cars: The Verge
- Today is Armenian legendary duduk master Djivan Gasparyan's birthday
- Armenian President congratulates King Felipe VI of Spain on National Day
- Today is anti-smoking day in Armenia
- Feast of the Holy Translators - Sts. Mesrob, Yeghishe, Moses of Khoronk, philosopher Davit Anhaght, Gregory of Narek and Nerses the Gracious (Nerses of Kla)
- Cher on Armenian Genocide amid aggravation of Syrian situation: Turk soldiers are still blood thirsty
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go down by 4-6 degrees, on 15-16 will go up by 2-4 degrees
- Marcos Pizzelli gets candid about 11 years in Armenia
- Armenian army subdivision leaves for Belarus
- UN Secretary General calls for de-escalation in Syria
- Opportunities to deepen Armenia-Chile economic ties discussed in Yerevan
- Armenian President hosts participants of international School of Young Leaders
- Reuters: Trump's assistant will reduce US National Security Council staff by third