Armenia to provide humanitarian aid to flood victims in Iran
Armenia will provide assistance to Iranian citizens affected by the flood. The head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Armenia Felix Tsolakyan stated this at the government session on Friday.
The number of flood victims in the provinces of Iran has already reached 44 people. Because of the disaster in some regions of the country, roads are unavailable, infrastructure and buildings are damaged, and there are problems with transport communication.
The Emergency Situations Minister said that he had met with the Iranian ambassador to Armenia the day before. The parties agreed to provide assistance to the Iranian side.
"We are sending assistance through the Armenian-Russian humanitarian response center. We will also send technical equipment, vehicles, rescue groups," - Tsolakyan added.
For efficiency, the minister proposed to settle the issue by a decision not by the government, but by the Armenian prime minister.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)