MFA: Armenia acquires arms from Russia at more affordable prices than other countries
There is no clause in the basic documents of the Collective Security Treaty Organization prohibiting the sale of weapons to third countries in conflict with other member countries of the Organization, Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia Shavarsh Kocharyan said at a meeting of the National Assembly of Armenia during the discussion of the ratification of the Second Protocol on Amendments to the Collective Security Treaty. His remarks came after questions from MPs who criticized the position of a number of CSTO member states selling to Azerbaijan various types of modern weapons.
According to the deputy minister, from the point of view of international law, these actions are completely legal and permissible.
“Nevertheless, we proceed from a different circumstance. The relations that have developed within the CSTO, as well as on the basis that we really want this Organization to be prestigious, we must build other relations within the CSTO. The agreements existing within the organization should be paramount both in bilateral and in multilateral formats of relations,” he said.
According to him, there is a clause in the Collective Security Treaty that allows member states to acquire various types of modern weapons at more affordable prices.
“And Armenia uses this. We have such an item both with Russia and within the framework of the CSTO,” the deputy FM reported.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)