MFA: Armenia acquires arms from Russia at more affordable prices than other countries
There is no clause in the basic documents of the Collective Security Treaty Organization prohibiting the sale of weapons to third countries in conflict with other member countries of the Organization, Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia Shavarsh Kocharyan said at a meeting of the National Assembly of Armenia during the discussion of the ratification of the Second Protocol on Amendments to the Collective Security Treaty. His remarks came after questions from MPs who criticized the position of a number of CSTO member states selling to Azerbaijan various types of modern weapons.
According to the deputy minister, from the point of view of international law, these actions are completely legal and permissible.
“Nevertheless, we proceed from a different circumstance. The relations that have developed within the CSTO, as well as on the basis that we really want this Organization to be prestigious, we must build other relations within the CSTO. The agreements existing within the organization should be paramount both in bilateral and in multilateral formats of relations,” he said.
According to him, there is a clause in the Collective Security Treaty that allows member states to acquire various types of modern weapons at more affordable prices.
“And Armenia uses this. We have such an item both with Russia and within the framework of the CSTO,” the deputy FM reported.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative NEW 48 MINUTES AGO
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan