Armenia remains EAEU leader in terms of economic growth
The GDP in the EAEU member states rose by 1% in January-June 2019 against the same period of 2018. Like the previous year, this year again Armenia recorded the highest growth of GDP, amounting to 6.8%, followed by Kirgizstan with 6.4%. In the mentioned period investments in the Union rose by 2.1%, where Kazakhstan recorded the highest rise – 11.7%.
ARMENPRESS reports the Eurasian Economic Commission published the main social-economic indexes of the EAEU member states for the period of January-July of the current year. In the mentioned period, except foreign and mutual trade, the EAEU recoded growth in all the remaining aspects.
In the mentioned period industrial output amounted to 685.7 billion USD in the Union, which is an increase of 2.6% against last year. Russia’s share in the total industrial output of the Union amounts to 88.4%, Kazakhstan’s share is 6.5%, Belarus’s share is 4.5%, while Armenia’s and Kirgizstan’s share is 0.3%.
EAEU’s agricultural output has increased by 2.8%. Here Belarus has recorded the highest growth – 5.6%. Armenia recorded decline by 6.5%.
Construction in the Union grew by 0.8% in the mentioned period. Kirgizstan and Armenia recorded decline in this sphere – 0.4 and 16.3% respectively.
Mutual trade between EAEU member states declined by 5.4% in the 1st quarter of 2019 against the same period of the last year, while external trade volume declined by 2.2%. Only Armenia and Belarus recorded growth in external trade.
- UN says the world now is home to 272 million migrants
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe