Armenia remains EAEU leader in terms of economic growth
The GDP in the EAEU member states rose by 1% in January-June 2019 against the same period of 2018. Like the previous year, this year again Armenia recorded the highest growth of GDP, amounting to 6.8%, followed by Kirgizstan with 6.4%. In the mentioned period investments in the Union rose by 2.1%, where Kazakhstan recorded the highest rise – 11.7%.
ARMENPRESS reports the Eurasian Economic Commission published the main social-economic indexes of the EAEU member states for the period of January-July of the current year. In the mentioned period, except foreign and mutual trade, the EAEU recoded growth in all the remaining aspects.
In the mentioned period industrial output amounted to 685.7 billion USD in the Union, which is an increase of 2.6% against last year. Russia’s share in the total industrial output of the Union amounts to 88.4%, Kazakhstan’s share is 6.5%, Belarus’s share is 4.5%, while Armenia’s and Kirgizstan’s share is 0.3%.
EAEU’s agricultural output has increased by 2.8%. Here Belarus has recorded the highest growth – 5.6%. Armenia recorded decline by 6.5%.
Construction in the Union grew by 0.8% in the mentioned period. Kirgizstan and Armenia recorded decline in this sphere – 0.4 and 16.3% respectively.
Mutual trade between EAEU member states declined by 5.4% in the 1st quarter of 2019 against the same period of the last year, while external trade volume declined by 2.2%. Only Armenia and Belarus recorded growth in external trade.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)