Armenian President meets Kazakh counterpart in Nur-Sultan
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian met with President of Kazakhstan Kasim-Zhomart Tokaev during his working visit in Nur-Sultan.
During the meeting the Kazakh President thanked President Armen Sarkissian for accepting the invitation to participate in the 12th annual economic forum which this year is being held under the name “Inspiring Growth: People, Cities, Economies”.
“Undoubtedly, your participation will make the economic forum more significant. Our countries have friendly and partnering relations, and our first President Nursultan Nazarbayev stands in the origins of this cooperation. He was always paying great attention to the development of cooperation with Armenia, and today we can confidently state that the relations between our countries are on good basis. We are closely cooperating also within the frames of regional and international organizations, such as the UN and CSTO”, the Kazakh President said.
In his turn President Sarkissian thanked for the invitation and stated that he is happy to be in the capital of friendly Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan, which is named after the first president Nursultan Nazarbayev who had a great contribution to the development of the country and the Armenian-Kazakh relations.
“Our two peoples communicate with each other for centuries. The relations between our states historically have firm roots and are a vivid example of friendship and cooperation. We live in the 21st century which will be greatly different from the 20th century. And in this regard I think that the partnership between Armenia and Kazakhstan can move further both in the economic field, by covering new technologies, as well as in the cultural sector”, the Armenian President said.
The two Presidents also touched upon the bilateral and multilateral cooperation issues, within the frames of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and CSTO. They highlighted deepening the partnership in commercial, cultural and humanitarian areas.
The Presidents specifically highlighted the role of Kazakhstan’s Armenian community in terms of preserving and developing the friendly relations between the two countries. The Kazakh President praised the Armenian community, stating that they are worthy citizens of Kazakhstan and bring their contribution to the country’s socio-economic development.
- Music "reportedly calms nerves before surgery as well as sedative
- Daily coffee doesn't affect cancer risk: study
- On July 21 the air temperature will go up by 3-4 degrees
- Situation in Persian Gulf fraught with outbreak of conflict, senior diplomat warns
- 5.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Athens, Greece
- Alexis Ohanian to moderate panel at WCIT 2019 in Yerevan
- Armenian President holds farewell meeting with Ambassador of Argentina
- Iran says US shoots down their own drone
- Lavrov calls on parties to Iran nuclear deal to stay committed to common positions
- Ijevan clash criminal case: 22 people detained, 11 others being sought
- Artsakh President receives delegation of Armenia’s Public Services Regulatory Commission
- NordWind Airlines’ reserve plane lands in Yerevan
- Aurora Humanitarian Initiative launches #AraratChallenge new crowdfunding campaign
- Serj Tankian invests in Patreon
- Armenian Embassy in Russia releases details over evacuated passengers of Moscow-Yerevan flight
- Kremlin responds to Theresa May’s criticism of Putin’s ideas about liberalism
- Recipe Corner: Rice Pudding
- Armenian musicians perform at Kusturica's Kustendorf festival
- On July 21 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- 60% of cervical cancer cases found out at late stage in Armenia
- Reuters: U.S. officials wonder: Did Turkish leader's coup memories drive Russia arms deal?
- Armenian duduk performed by Japanese surprised network users (video)
- World popular attractions rating compiled: Armenia also included
- "Gossip Girl" getting a reboot on HBO Max
- The guilty will be identified and brought to justice: Osipyan