Armenia - cradle of the world civilization: telemadrid.es
The Spanish information site telemadrid.es devoted an interesting article to Armenia, which we present below.
Armenia is the cradle of world civilization, and we cannot but visit the History Museum of Armenia, a place that leaves a huge impression on visitors. We also could not help but visit the Republic Square in Yerevan.
The History Museum of Armenia is one of the most important sights of the country, where more than 400,000 exhibits are stored, starting from the Stone Age to the present day. Moreover, the museum also keeps the world's oldest leather shoes, which are 5,500 years old.
To get acquainted with the latest history of Armenia, you should visit the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute. It is also located in the capital of the country. The museum and the nearby memorial were built in memory of 1,500,000 Armenians exterminated in the early 20th century.
There are countries that consider the pogroms of Armenia as a consequence of the First World War, and therefore, until now, the Armenian Genocide has been recognized only by 27 countries of the world.
Armenia is the first Christian country in the world, so we could not leave this wonderful country without visiting the Khor Virap monastery - a famous pilgrimage site where Bishop Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned in the Holy Armenian Apostolic Church (257 - 331).
Mount Ararat, a magnificent view of which opens from the monastery, is a sacred mountain to which Noah’s Ark is attached.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)