School-wide Science Festival to be held in Armenia
The Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia reports that a school-wide science festival will be organized in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of the festival is to instill in young people of school age interest in research, development of group work skills, implementation of innovative programs and their presentation.
To participate in the festival of school science, individually or with research groups (up to 3 students), with the assistance of a supervisor and consultant, must implement the research program they have proposed during the school year, the results of which will be presented at the final stage of the festival. During the final phase, the research program presented by the students will be evaluated by a specialized commission. Participants who have overcome this stage will present their programs at the International Science and Engineering Fair in the United States in May 2020, with a prize pool of $ 5 million.
The programs presented must meet the following minimum requirements:
* put forward and implemented by high school students
* implemented within one academic year
* new and previously unrealized
Timeline of the school science festival:
* September 2019 - acceptance of applications
* October 2019 - discussion of programs, selection of a consultant
* October 2019 - March 2020 - implementation of programs
March 2020 - the final stage of the Science Festival
April 2020 - preparation and presentation of a package of programs for participation in the International Science and Technology Festival.
Applications can be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org as the title of the letter indicate the school number. The deadline for applications is October 7, 2019.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)