Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
The Armenian Nuclear Power Plant’s reactor system can smoothly operate until 2026, according to Vladimir Bredov – the head of the Russian side of the plant’s lifecycle extension project.
Bredov was commenting on the Armenian NPP’s re-connection to the country’s energy system after the NPP’s planned maintenance works.
According to him the conclusion of the expert group was reached as a result of operation supervision and necessary engineering calculations.
Simultaneously with the reactor system nearly 5000 units of equipment were analyzed – which were either given approval for operations until 2026 or recommended to be replaced.
Nearly 5000 units of equipment were analyzed simultaneously with the reactor system.
“Today, the automated block’s equipment are entirely changes, which has allowed to increase energy generation up to 15% with the same expenses. Works continue, and we can say that as a result of the project Armenia will have a nuclear power plant equipped with modern equipment and in line with global safety standards. This all will become possible as a result of the harmonious work and professionalism of the Armenian and Russian nuclear experts,” Bredov said.
In turn, Deputy Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructures Hakob Vardanyan said that after the planned-preventive repair, thanks to the professional work of Armenian and Russian experts, the NPP was connected to the country’s energy system 60 hours in advance from the schedule.
“The Armenian NPP is a strategically-significant facility for Armenia with more than 1/3 of Armenia’s electricity energy being produced here. Providing the population with electric energy under acceptable tariffs is a energy and economic security issue for us,” Vardanyan said.
The Metsamor NPP was re-connected to the country’s energy system on September 8, 2019.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)