Exhibition on Armenian culture opened in Jewish Grand Synagogue of Edirne, Turkey
Opening of an exhibition dedicated to Edirne's once Armenian community took place in the European part of Turkey, in Edirne (historically known as Adrianapolis), bordering Bulgaria and Greece, ermenihaber.am informs.
The exhibition entitled "Edirne and the Armenian Community" opened in the Jewish Grand Synagogue in Edirne.
The exhibition presents photographs and postcards. Work on the Edirne Armenians' life, written by Roy Arakelyan, a French with Armenian origins (descendants of the Armenian Arakelyan family), living in Edirne, served as a basis for the exhibition.
Edirne Police Chief - Ali Kemal Kurt, Head of the Edirne Foundation's Regional Body - Osman Guner and former head of the Jewish community in Turkey - Silvio Ovadia, were present at the opening of the exhibition, which was held by Rachel Mesulam's curatorship.
The organizers emphasized that in their synagogue they are trying to present not only the Jewish culture, but also that of Edirne's multicultural past. It is noteworthy that the exhibition will be open until April 28 and will be open to visitors on April 24.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)