Exhibition on Armenian culture opened in Jewish Grand Synagogue of Edirne, Turkey
Opening of an exhibition dedicated to Edirne's once Armenian community took place in the European part of Turkey, in Edirne (historically known as Adrianapolis), bordering Bulgaria and Greece, ermenihaber.am informs.
The exhibition entitled "Edirne and the Armenian Community" opened in the Jewish Grand Synagogue in Edirne.
The exhibition presents photographs and postcards. Work on the Edirne Armenians' life, written by Roy Arakelyan, a French with Armenian origins (descendants of the Armenian Arakelyan family), living in Edirne, served as a basis for the exhibition.
Edirne Police Chief - Ali Kemal Kurt, Head of the Edirne Foundation's Regional Body - Osman Guner and former head of the Jewish community in Turkey - Silvio Ovadia, were present at the opening of the exhibition, which was held by Rachel Mesulam's curatorship.
The organizers emphasized that in their synagogue they are trying to present not only the Jewish culture, but also that of Edirne's multicultural past. It is noteworthy that the exhibition will be open until April 28 and will be open to visitors on April 24.
- Life as it is... Today is Grigor Zohrap's birthday NEW 27 MINUTES AGO
- We and the portrait of Dorian Gray
- Syrian-Armenian artist Kevork Mourad to create six-meter hanging sculpture of Babel
- Prevention of genocide remains challenged, Armenia tells UN
- Real offer 130 million euros for Neymar ... plus Rodriguez or Bale
- Study shows vacation is good for the heart
- An Armenian's feat in Brest Fortress defense: Russian Defense Ministry's archive materials
- Armenia announces call for applications for Junior Eurovision 2019
- Armenia to hold international festival on Tigran Mansuryan's 80th birthday
- Armenian President meets famous American theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate Kip Thorn in Zurich
- The first in the history Talysh library to open in YSU
- Topics of the talks between Putin and Trump at G20 summit announced
- Delegation led by defense minister participates in Army 2019 International Military- Technical Forum in Russia
- Iranian Foreign Ministry: US forever closed the path of diplomacy
- President proposes to hold 6th STARMUS Festival in Armenia
- Armenia national detained during Tbilisi demonstrations is released
- Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
- Winter Olympics 2026 to be held in Italy
- Azerbaijani FM’s claims are of non-constructive nature and devalue the seriousness of the peace process: MFA spokesperson
- US announced sanctions against Iranian FM
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan's speech at 41st session of UN Human Rights Council
- President of Artsakh holds consultation on establishment of Investigation Committee
- Armenia Defense Ministry, Hi-Tech Cyber Security Center launch contest
- ADL and ARFD members held an inter-party meeting
- Opening of Charles Aznavour square in Chaville (PHOTOS)