Exhibition on Armenian culture opened in Jewish Grand Synagogue of Edirne, Turkey
Opening of an exhibition dedicated to Edirne's once Armenian community took place in the European part of Turkey, in Edirne (historically known as Adrianapolis), bordering Bulgaria and Greece, ermenihaber.am informs.
The exhibition entitled "Edirne and the Armenian Community" opened in the Jewish Grand Synagogue in Edirne.
The exhibition presents photographs and postcards. Work on the Edirne Armenians' life, written by Roy Arakelyan, a French with Armenian origins (descendants of the Armenian Arakelyan family), living in Edirne, served as a basis for the exhibition.
Edirne Police Chief - Ali Kemal Kurt, Head of the Edirne Foundation's Regional Body - Osman Guner and former head of the Jewish community in Turkey - Silvio Ovadia, were present at the opening of the exhibition, which was held by Rachel Mesulam's curatorship.
The organizers emphasized that in their synagogue they are trying to present not only the Jewish culture, but also that of Edirne's multicultural past. It is noteworthy that the exhibition will be open until April 28 and will be open to visitors on April 24.
- Ukraine’s Zelensky signs impeachment bill NEW 40 MINUTES AGO
- Venezuela’s Maduro says ready for talks with Trump if US changes policy
- System of a Down heading to Portugal, Spain, Germany in 2020
- Rouhani urges Gulf states to jointly ensure the security of the region
- Armenia PM makes new appointment
- Junk food impairs memory, study says
- Can you imagine if I suddenly start speaking without thinking about the consequences?
- Concert marking Komitas’ 150th anniversary held in Moscow
- British Oil Tanker Seized By Iran Will Be Released Soon, Iranian Official Says: Reuters
- Most people do not know that they suffer from migraines
- Levon Aronian reached quarter finals of World Chess Cup
- Azerbaijan attempts subversive attack against Artsakh
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals