Armenian Foreign Ministry comments on reaction of U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria
Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan has commented on the reaction of the U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria.
ARMENPRESS reports Naghdalyan said,
"We have acknowledged the US State Department's statement on the deployment of the Armenian Humanitarian Mission in Syria. It’s a long time Armenia and the USA make joint efforts to respond to the humanitarian disaster in Syria that is accompanied by a major crisis of refugees and deported people.
We reiterate that during the entire process of the Syrian conflict the world-spread Armenian people followed the fates of the civilian people, minorities, including the Armenian community in Syria with great concern. The Armenian public opinion displayed deep concern and compassion towards the sufferings of the civilian people and the demolition of the country. This is a country that had a key contribution to the survival of the Armenian people who escaped the genocide. General Consul of Armenia in Aleppo worked non-stop during the entire Syrian crisis. Armenia has granted asylum to over 22 thousand Syrian refugees and has provided 4 air cargos of humanitarian aid to the Syrian people. Following the establishment of relative tranquility and security Armenia plans to continue its hummanitarian mission, including by providing doctors and specialists for humanitarian demining aimed at supporting the improvment of the living conditions of the war-suffered civilian population of Aleppo. The Armenian mission has exclusively hummanitarian nature, is guided by the international humanitarian law and will coordinate its activities with the institutions and international partners offering humanitarian aid on site.
We share the concerns of the international community about the situation of the ethnic and religious minorities in the Middle East and highlight the continuity of humanitarian aid provided to Syria''.
- Macron suggests excluding some countries from Schengen Area NEW 0 MINUTES AGO
- Recipe Corner: Spinach, Turkey and Rice Cobb Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette NEW 17 MINUTES AGO
- New Deputy Health Minister appointed
- I don't give hope the current situation will change for the better: Armenian FM on Armenia-Turkey relations
- Conference on Armenian Genocide was held in New Delhi
- “Test on the history of the Great Patriotic War” to be organized in Yerevan
- Bako Sahakyan met with Artsakh champions and prizewinners of the European Sambo Championship among Youth and Juniors
- Nikol Pashinyan visited Border Guard Troops Department of Armenia NSS
- Armenian Prime Minister participates in International Women's Entrepreneurship Forum (live)
- Stepantsminda-Larsi highway is open
- Armenian communities of Argentina, Uruguay demand justice
- We will try to justify the hopes of OSCE Secretary General over NK conflict settlement – Maria Zakharova
- Tekeyan Boston Chapter Organizing Activities, Welcomes New Members
- Politicizing Sexual Orientation in Armenia
- Kazakhstan Parliament ratified FTA agreement of EAEU and Iran
- Ben Affleck to star in and direct WWII movie "Ghost Army"
- Air temperature to go up by 5-6 degrees
- The Bizarre Existentialism of Santiago Nazarian
- Armenian military representatives take part at CSTO meeting in Moscow
- A Response to the Recent Upset at Yerevan’s Opera House in the Armenian Republic
- Cabinet approves 2018 state budget performance annual report
- Joe Biden to run for US president in 2020
- Thank you, we leave the hall: Prosperous Armenia faction MPs
- "Sabre Dance" from "Gayane" ballet was performed at the reception in honor of Putin and Kim Jong-un
- Armen Sarkissian hosted Dutch Ambassador