Armenian Foreign Ministry comments on reaction of U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria
Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan has commented on the reaction of the U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria.
ARMENPRESS reports Naghdalyan said,
"We have acknowledged the US State Department's statement on the deployment of the Armenian Humanitarian Mission in Syria. It’s a long time Armenia and the USA make joint efforts to respond to the humanitarian disaster in Syria that is accompanied by a major crisis of refugees and deported people.
We reiterate that during the entire process of the Syrian conflict the world-spread Armenian people followed the fates of the civilian people, minorities, including the Armenian community in Syria with great concern. The Armenian public opinion displayed deep concern and compassion towards the sufferings of the civilian people and the demolition of the country. This is a country that had a key contribution to the survival of the Armenian people who escaped the genocide. General Consul of Armenia in Aleppo worked non-stop during the entire Syrian crisis. Armenia has granted asylum to over 22 thousand Syrian refugees and has provided 4 air cargos of humanitarian aid to the Syrian people. Following the establishment of relative tranquility and security Armenia plans to continue its hummanitarian mission, including by providing doctors and specialists for humanitarian demining aimed at supporting the improvment of the living conditions of the war-suffered civilian population of Aleppo. The Armenian mission has exclusively hummanitarian nature, is guided by the international humanitarian law and will coordinate its activities with the institutions and international partners offering humanitarian aid on site.
We share the concerns of the international community about the situation of the ethnic and religious minorities in the Middle East and highlight the continuity of humanitarian aid provided to Syria''.
- Church of St. Kirakos in Diarbekir will be restored NEW 29 MINUTES AGO
- Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs NEW 36 MINUTES AGO
- Israel nears completion of long-range bunker buster missile: report
- Armenia, Georgia sign 2019 military cooperation program
- Turkey condemns European parliament committee call to suspend accession
- Exercise could help protect you against developing depression
- Search for flooded lions of Tamanyan kicked off in Russia following Hay Dzayn publication
- Armenian church being built in Ufa, Russia (video)
- Armenian economy increased by 5.2% in 2018
- Young blogger Ruben Yesayan shot a short film on Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- Arayik Harutyunyan relieved from position of advisor to Artsakh’s President
- Satanovsky about Armenian humanitarian contingent in Syria
- Civil march to take place in Yerevan on March 1
- Today is International Mother Language Day
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- Georgian Defense Minister to visit Armenia on February 21
- In the daytime of February 23 and on 24 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- Recipe Corner: Apricot Brandy Cake
- Armenian designer pioneers Interaction Design course in Canada
- Artsakh is always next to the Aznavour family: Seda Aznavour (video)
- Vicente del Bosque will arrive in Armenia this summer
- President Sarkissian extends condolences on death of philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
- AGBU Grieves the Loss of Beloved President and Visionary Leader Louise Manoogian Simone
- We will continue to sharply raise issues of social justice: Social Justice Party statement
- Bako Sahakyan sent a letter of condolence to the family of Louise Manoogian Simone