Armenian Foreign Ministry comments on reaction of U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria
Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan has commented on the reaction of the U.S. Department of State over deployment of Armenian humanitarian mission in Syria.
ARMENPRESS reports Naghdalyan said,
"We have acknowledged the US State Department's statement on the deployment of the Armenian Humanitarian Mission in Syria. It’s a long time Armenia and the USA make joint efforts to respond to the humanitarian disaster in Syria that is accompanied by a major crisis of refugees and deported people.
We reiterate that during the entire process of the Syrian conflict the world-spread Armenian people followed the fates of the civilian people, minorities, including the Armenian community in Syria with great concern. The Armenian public opinion displayed deep concern and compassion towards the sufferings of the civilian people and the demolition of the country. This is a country that had a key contribution to the survival of the Armenian people who escaped the genocide. General Consul of Armenia in Aleppo worked non-stop during the entire Syrian crisis. Armenia has granted asylum to over 22 thousand Syrian refugees and has provided 4 air cargos of humanitarian aid to the Syrian people. Following the establishment of relative tranquility and security Armenia plans to continue its hummanitarian mission, including by providing doctors and specialists for humanitarian demining aimed at supporting the improvment of the living conditions of the war-suffered civilian population of Aleppo. The Armenian mission has exclusively hummanitarian nature, is guided by the international humanitarian law and will coordinate its activities with the institutions and international partners offering humanitarian aid on site.
We share the concerns of the international community about the situation of the ethnic and religious minorities in the Middle East and highlight the continuity of humanitarian aid provided to Syria''.
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury