Istanbul mayor elections might be be canceled: Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says recent election results in Istanbul should be annulled over irregularities that include the alleged unlawful appointment of some officials overseeing the ballot boxes.
Speaking to reporters on his return from a trip to Moscow, Erdogan said his ruling party would continue to use its right to appeal and would track alleged irregularities "until the end."
Erdogan said people who are not civil servants unlawfully headed ballot boxes in some areas.
His remarks were published by pro-government Yeni Safak newspaper on Wednesday.
Erdogan's party suffered a major setback in the country's March 31 local elections. Opposition candidates won in Turkey's capital, Ankara, and squeezed out Erdogan's party in Istanbul.
The party says it plans to seek a re-run of the Istanbul vote due to irregularities.
The Public's Radio
- Pakhlava recipe
- Levon Aronian loses in Sinquefield Cup
- Soso Pavliashvili to give a concert in Yerevan
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- Vacationing More Often May Reduce Metabolic Syndrome Risk
- Armen Sarkissian appointed new advisor
- Nikol Pashinyan offered birthday greetings to Garegin II
- Air temperature is 4-5 degrees higher than the norm: chief meteorologist
- Xiaomi posts 15% rise in second quarter revenue, below expectations
- Picture Group announces Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising roles
- OSCE monitoring on Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces contact line conducted
- Russian specialist conducted unique free vascular operations at Armavir MC
- Lydian assumes obligation that Amulsar's contaminated waters will not be released into environment
- UN Security Council to hold emergency session on US missile projects on August 22
- Pashinyan holds consultation on Amulsar matter
- Neymar is close to returning to Barcelona
- Armenian Meat Ball Soup recipe
- U.S. warns Greece against helping Iranian tanker
- Yerevan Mayor sues municipal council ex-member
- Today is International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
- Garo Paylan says there is state terrorism in Turkey
- Today is Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II's birthday
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters