Events dedicated to Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary to be held in Georgia
Task forces will be set up soon to organize days of Georgian culture in Yerevan and days of Armenian culture in Tbilisi in 2020. This is stated in the press release issued by Yerevan Municipality regarding the meeting that Deputy Mayor of Yerevan Tigran Virabyan, who is on a working visit to Tbilisi, had with Deputy Mayor of Tbilisi Sofio Khuntsaria.
During the meeting, Tigran Virabyan conveyed the greetings on behalf of Mayor of Yerevan Hayk Marutyan to Mayor of Tbilisi Kakha Kaladze, inviting the latter to participate in the Erebouni-Yerevan celebration to be held on September 29 in Yerevan. In his turn, Deputy Mayor Khuntsaria transmitted the greetings of Mayor of Tbilisi Kaladze, inviting Hayk Marutyan to attend the Tbilisi Day celebration to be held in the first week of October.
The interlocutors discussed several issues related to the cultural ties between the two capitals..
During the meeting, the parties attached special importance to the cooperation between Yerevan and Tbilisi in the tourism sector.
Deputy Mayors Tigran Virabyan and Sofio Khuntsaria also discussed the course of joint events dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Armenian writer Hovhannes Tumanyan. Virabyan transmitted the recommendation of Deputy Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Armenia Narine Khachaturyan to install plaques with QR codes that will present information about Tumanyan at the addresses in Tbilisi that the poet has lived throughout the years.
After the meeting at the municipality, Tigran Virabyan paid a visit to Petros Adamian Tbilisi State Armenian Drama Theater, which is under renovation and will open its doors in 2021.
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK
- Artsakh President receives composer Robert Amirkhanyan
- Armenian ambassador discusses advantages of cooperation in IT and tourism with Belarusian Economy Minister
- Central Bank issues Admiral Isakov-125 silver collector coin
- Syrian army declares full control over Khan Sheikhoun
- The only interest I have is Armenia’s balanced interest, PM says on Amulsar
- Lausanne 2020: Opening Ceremony of Games to be held at Malley Ice Rink
- Moscow to host concert dedicated to Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Ombudsman sends working group to Armenia’s Jermuk
- Ararat Armenia beats Dudelange 2-1 in Europa League play-off
- Today is International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- US concerned with Turkey’s removal of Kurdish mayors
- Brad Pitt, Liv Tyler and Tommy Lee Jones in the new trailer for "To the Stars”: Galpost
- 29 years ago this day Declaration of State Sovereignty of Armenia was adopted
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes highest paid actors list again: BBC