President Sarkissian addresses nation, calls for “composure” and “soberness”
President Armen Sarkissian has addressed the nation, calling for “soberness and tolerance”, hours after Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan called for protests outside all courthouses across Armenia.
Sarkissian is currently abroad on a visit.
“Dear countrymen. The fact that the democratic processes in the Republic of Armenia are irreversible shouldn’t cause doubt to anyone neither in Armenia nor abroad.
By the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the power belongs to the people. Therefore, the branches of powers of Armenia, the legislative, executive and judiciary, must reflect the collective will of the Armenian people and serve their Constitutional goals.
Therefore I call on all citizens of Armenia, regardless of occupied public and political position and office – maintain calm and composure, adhere to the Constitution and laws.
At this moment being abroad on a working visit, I am maintaining constant contact with relevant governmental agencies.
I call for soberness and tolerance to be a priority during these days.
God be with us all”, Sarkissian said.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)