Hovhannes Tumanyan and Avetik Isahakyan in Ani
In his memoirs, the famous Armenian poet Avetik Isahakyan describes his and Hovhannes Tumanyan’s feelings after visiting Ani.
"From early morning we went to wander among the famous ruins. Hovhannes carefully and admiringly looked at every fragment marked by the seal of art. Silently lost in thought, he wandered, fascinated by the silent conversation with the past, stopped in front of amazing creations of architecture, intensely peered into the columns, arches and the bas-reliefs, then closed his eyes and listened attentively, as if he heard music, unusual, unearthly. The majestic, beautiful architecture of Ani made a huge impression on Hovhannes. When we left and were already outside the fortress s walls, Hovhannes last looked at Ani and said:
- What kind of a meaningless creature must a person be to raise a hand on such a miracle! Will all this beauty die, leaving no trace in the Armenian art, in the world art history? To what degree of development would our art have achieved if the Turkish-Tatar tribes had not ruined our people's culture?".
Avetik Isahakyan's memoirs
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury