Ian Wright not happy with Henrikh Mkhitaryan's form at Arsenal
Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright has criticised Armenian midfieler Henrikh Mkhitaryan for his poor performances since joining the Gunners, 90min reports.
Mkhitaryan joined Arsenal from Manchester United in January 2018 in a swap deal that involved Alexis Sanchez moving in the opposite direction.
Mkhitaryan has struggled since joining the north London side and had another poor showing during Arsenal's 1-0 win over 10-man Watford last night.
The Armenian also failed to impress during his time at Manchester United and when asked whether he believed the 29-year-old has simply failed to adapt to the Premier League, Wright said: "I totally agree to a certain extent but we're still talking about a quality player. He's come in and we know he's a quality operator but it's just not happened," he told Premier League Productions (via The Daily Express).
"Between these two [Mkhitaryan and Sanchez] they've both had an absolute nightmare. Honestly they've had an absolute nightmare," he added.
"Even if that's the case, they have to say with the assists, it's not enough. I think Man United will be looking at Sanchez and would've thought they'd have got more than that.
"The people who got the best deal out of this was the agents, really, to be honest. Them two, they're nowhere near where they should be."
Arsenal currently sit in fourth place in the Premier League and are on course to qualify for next season's Champions League.
They visit Napoli in the second leg of their Europa League quarter-final on Thursday, carrying a 2-0 lead from the first leg. They will then look to solidify their place in the top four when they host Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Sunday.
- Knights & Daughters of Vartan Announce Essay Contest Winners In Conjunction with Times Square Commemoration
- Today is Armenian outstanding writer Daniel Varoujan's birthday
- Today is Holy Saturday, Eve of Feast of the Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ or the Easter Feast, Candlelight Divine Liturgy
- Armenia's Levon Aronian gears up for Grenke Chess Classic
- Easter kulich recipe
- Economic growth in Armenia in 2019 will be 5.3% with support of investments
- Vatican displays Holy Stairs for first time in 300 years
- Armenian modern rock has "blown" Tashkent stages
- Shadows of big politics
- Air temperature to go down by 5-7 degrees
- Macron approval rating increases after Notre Dame fire
- Recipe Corner: Lemon Curd with Fresh Summer Berries in a Phyllo Cup
- Farewell: Hovhannes Tumanyan
- Russian Argumenty i Fakty edition devoted an article to legendary Soviet intelligence officers Gevork and Gohar Vardanyans
- Fresno Premiere of the Film “Singing in Exile” Featuring Paris-based Musicians Aram and Virginia Kerovpyan
- Vice Speaker of Parliament rules out political persecution against any official under their leadership
- Armenian church Zvartnots in bas-reliefs of French Sainte-Chapelle
- Russian border guards apprehend Turkish citizen for illegally crossing Armenia-Turkey border
- French lawmaker Philippe Folliot received death threats over Armenian Genocide
- Stonehenge: DNA reveals origin of builders
- Matvienko: leaders of Russia and Armenia will meet on May 29 within EEU
- Karabakh should participate in negotiations but at this stage I cannot imagine it: Samvel Babayan
- Refugee family provided with rent compensation by Artsakh Human Rights Defender's intervention
- G20 summit in Osaka to speed up solution of global economic issues — ambassador
- Today is Good Friday