What can we expect from another military exercise of Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan and Turkey will hold joint exercises in Nakhichevan on June 7. This is the fourth exercise in the last three months and the second joint one. Only in May, Azerbaijan held military exercises twice, once with the active participation of the Turkish Armed Forces.
And the day before, an Armenian soldier was killed by an enemy sniper shot. Earlier, the Artsakh Defense Army reported that the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire 3,500 times.
However, the tough statement of the RA Foreign Ministry condemning the deliberate steps taken by Azerbaijan towards aggravating the situation, although it was very appropriate, nevertheless, did not change anything. As before, the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire. However, the danger lies in the fact that, along with numerous violations of the cease-fire regime, the enemy sharply increased the number of large-scale military exercises conducted.
These exercises are conducted with the active participation of Turkish military units. Their involvement in joint exercises is a clear message to Armenia, that in the event of a possible start of hostilities, they will act together.
Thus, Azerbaijan and Turkey show that the ring around Armenia is shrinking, that they are not going to make any concessions and are not ready for a peaceful settlement of the conflict. Thus, the theses on a peaceful settlement are just statements by the co-chair countries - Russia, the United States, France, and in fact one of the conflicting parties is actively preparing for war.
This entire is happening against the background of a deepening split in Armenian society, when artificial discourses are introduced into circulation regarding theses of the Armenian-Karabakh and so on. It is clear that all this is being done to split our society, sow an atmosphere of hatred and distrust.
Unfortunately, it is worth noting that this policy has already yielded certain “results”: distrust is growing against the background of activating military exercises of the enemy. Armenians, more than ever, need unity, strong army in order to preserve the inviolability of our borders.
Centuries have passed, but this formula of unity and solidarity of Armenians has remained unchanged to this day.
- Opening of the international Armenian studies conference “Eastern Armenia: History and Culture”
- The effect of being overweight and obese on cancer risk is at least double than previously thought
- British band Jamiroquai to perform in Armenia
- Trump not taking back foreign aid; Armenia among countries to benefit
- 'Spanish Stonehenge' revealed: Daily Mail
- Trump announced new meeting with Kim Jong-un is possible
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan