What can we expect from another military exercise of Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan and Turkey will hold joint exercises in Nakhichevan on June 7. This is the fourth exercise in the last three months and the second joint one. Only in May, Azerbaijan held military exercises twice, once with the active participation of the Turkish Armed Forces.
And the day before, an Armenian soldier was killed by an enemy sniper shot. Earlier, the Artsakh Defense Army reported that the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire 3,500 times.
However, the tough statement of the RA Foreign Ministry condemning the deliberate steps taken by Azerbaijan towards aggravating the situation, although it was very appropriate, nevertheless, did not change anything. As before, the Azerbaijani side violated the cease-fire. However, the danger lies in the fact that, along with numerous violations of the cease-fire regime, the enemy sharply increased the number of large-scale military exercises conducted.
These exercises are conducted with the active participation of Turkish military units. Their involvement in joint exercises is a clear message to Armenia, that in the event of a possible start of hostilities, they will act together.
Thus, Azerbaijan and Turkey show that the ring around Armenia is shrinking, that they are not going to make any concessions and are not ready for a peaceful settlement of the conflict. Thus, the theses on a peaceful settlement are just statements by the co-chair countries - Russia, the United States, France, and in fact one of the conflicting parties is actively preparing for war.
This entire is happening against the background of a deepening split in Armenian society, when artificial discourses are introduced into circulation regarding theses of the Armenian-Karabakh and so on. It is clear that all this is being done to split our society, sow an atmosphere of hatred and distrust.
Unfortunately, it is worth noting that this policy has already yielded certain “results”: distrust is growing against the background of activating military exercises of the enemy. Armenians, more than ever, need unity, strong army in order to preserve the inviolability of our borders.
Centuries have passed, but this formula of unity and solidarity of Armenians has remained unchanged to this day.
- Celebrating Komitas’ 150th Anniversary in Washington
- On June 23-24 the air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees
- How Modern Literary Publication Is Being Revived in Armenia
- Hundreds Gather in Oakland to Honor Lifelong Athletic Visionary and Leader, Richard Demirjian
- Russian Envoy Warned After Meeting With Kocharyan
- Tehran says Iran, Russia will bolster economic cooperation
- Trump officially announced his decision to run for a second term
- NSS, FFA boss personally shows Vicente del Bosque around Yerevan
- Japanese authorities leave ticket resellers “unemployed”
- Talking about Peace, Worrying about War
- US National Security Adviser John Bolton to meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs in Washington D.C.
- Armenia included in Top 5 most delicious countries for Russians
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs meet in Washington D.C. ahead of NK talks
- RA Parliament session continues (live)
- Today is World Sauntering Day
- UN Secretary-General urged not to waste a minute in addressing climate crisis
- Short-term rain and thunderstorm is expected
- Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants: Reuters
- U.S. says could sanction Turkish defense firms beyond F-35 suppliers: Reuters
- Leonard Cohen love letters fetch $876,000 at auction
- Qualifying stage of "K-pop World Festival 2019 in Armenia" was held in Yerevan
- Tokyo 2020 medal podiums to be made of recycled plastic
- Center for Armenian journalist Dink's memory opened in Istanbul
- Ex-head of UEFA Platini arrested
- Recipe Corner: Fresh Sautéed Spinach and Vegetable Salad