Iranian parliament ratifies interim agreement on free trade zone with EEU
The Iranian Parliament on Monday ratified a temporary agreement on a free trade zone (FTA) with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), RIA Novosti reports.
The EEU countries and Iran signed a temporary agreement on the creation of a free trade zone during the Astana Economic Forum on May 17, 2018. It is designed for three years and provides for the formation of an FTA on a limited range of goods between the EEU and Iran.
According to the terms of the agreement, not later than one year after its entry into force, the parties undertake to begin negotiations to conclude a full-fledged free trade agreement. The implementation of the agreement will contribute to an increase in the volume of trade and the development of economic ties between its participants, an increase in the supply of Russian industrial and agricultural products to Iran.
The document forms the basic rules of trade between the EEU and Iran, as close as possible to the rules of the WTO, also covers issues of the most favored nation and national treatment, the application of protective measures and customs administration.
The Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) was established on the basis of the Customs Union and the Common Economic Space and has been operating since January 1, 2015. The members of the EEU are Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and Kyrgyzstan.
- Recipe Corner: Auntie Zee’s World-Famous Apricot Jam from Fresno
- Technovation Armenia 2019 Program Concludes with Awards
- Armenian Artists in Research and Dialogue
- Katherine Hodgson: Researching the Beautiful and Fascinating Armenian Language
- Trump orders companies to seek "alternative markets" to China
- North Korea launches two more ballistic missiles into sea: Seoul
- Pashinyan Backs Major Mining Project In Armenia
- How to increase life expectancy?
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World: Part III
- Serena Williams paired with Maria Sharapova in U.S. Open first round
- Armenian PM congratulates Ukraine on Independence Day
- Trump talks about serving '14 more years' as president: Independent
- UNESCO delegation visits Armenia Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport
- Drinking coffee first thing in the morning can be bad
- Viennese Apple Strudel recipe
- Yerevan among cities Russian tourists keep returning to: study
- Over the next 5 days a high risk of fire is predicted in the valleys and foothills of the Republic
- U.S. offer to sell Patriot system to Turkey has expired: Reuters
- 71-story skyscraper to be erected in Yerevan
- Armenian army delegation attends CIS armed forces general staffs' chiefs session
- What’s The Right Amount of Sleep?: WebMD
- Armenian President repeals decree depriving Vagharshak Harutyunyan of military rank
- Armenian national team U19 defeats Lebanese national team
- Assad forces threaten Turkish observation posts in Idlib
- Japan's tallest skyscraper to be built in Tokyo: NHK