Iranian parliament ratifies interim agreement on free trade zone with EEU
The Iranian Parliament on Monday ratified a temporary agreement on a free trade zone (FTA) with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), RIA Novosti reports.
The EEU countries and Iran signed a temporary agreement on the creation of a free trade zone during the Astana Economic Forum on May 17, 2018. It is designed for three years and provides for the formation of an FTA on a limited range of goods between the EEU and Iran.
According to the terms of the agreement, not later than one year after its entry into force, the parties undertake to begin negotiations to conclude a full-fledged free trade agreement. The implementation of the agreement will contribute to an increase in the volume of trade and the development of economic ties between its participants, an increase in the supply of Russian industrial and agricultural products to Iran.
The document forms the basic rules of trade between the EEU and Iran, as close as possible to the rules of the WTO, also covers issues of the most favored nation and national treatment, the application of protective measures and customs administration.
The Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) was established on the basis of the Customs Union and the Common Economic Space and has been operating since January 1, 2015. The members of the EEU are Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and Kyrgyzstan.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)