Bombing in Iran Kills 41 Revolutionary Guards, Iranian Media Say
A suicide bomber killed 41 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps on a bus in a restive region of southeast Iran on Wednesday, Iranian media reported. It was among the deadliest attacks in Iran in years.
The Revolutionary Guards, an elite Iranian paramilitary force, quickly blamed the United States for the assault, which came during the week that Iran’s leaders have been celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that overthrew the American-backed shah in 1979.
The Revolutionary Guards did not explain precisely how the Americans could have been involved in the attack. But Iranian officials suggested it was more than coincidental that it happened as the Trump administration was hosting an anti-Iran-themed meeting in Poland that included delegations from Iran’s regional adversaries, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Dispatches by the official Islamic Republic News Agency and the Fars News Agency said the victims had been traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash near the Pakistan border, a haven for militant separatist groups and drug smugglers.
- Israel nears completion of long-range bunker buster missile: report
- Armenia, Georgia sign 2019 military cooperation program
- Turkey condemns European parliament committee call to suspend accession
- Exercise could help protect you against developing depression
- Search for flooded lions of Tamanyan kicked off in Russia following Hay Dzayn publication
- Armenian church being built in Ufa, Russia (video)
- Armenian economy increased by 5.2% in 2018
- Young blogger Ruben Yesayan shot a short film on Hovhannes Tumanyan's 150th anniversary
- SDF troops advance on last remaining IS enclave in Deir ez-Zor (video)
- Arayik Harutyunyan relieved from position of advisor to Artsakh’s President
- Satanovsky about Armenian humanitarian contingent in Syria
- Civil march to take place in Yerevan on March 1
- Today is International Mother Language Day
- Questing for the Origins of Mer Hayrenik
- Georgian Defense Minister to visit Armenia on February 21
- In the daytime of February 23 and on 24 the air temperature will go up by 2-3 degrees
- Recipe Corner: Apricot Brandy Cake
- Armenian designer pioneers Interaction Design course in Canada
- Artsakh is always next to the Aznavour family: Seda Aznavour (video)
- Vicente del Bosque will arrive in Armenia this summer
- President Sarkissian extends condolences on death of philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
- AGBU Grieves the Loss of Beloved President and Visionary Leader Louise Manoogian Simone
- We will continue to sharply raise issues of social justice: Social Justice Party statement
- Bako Sahakyan sent a letter of condolence to the family of Louise Manoogian Simone
- Armenian FM meets with Minsk Group co-chairs in Yerevan