Bombing in Iran Kills 41 Revolutionary Guards, Iranian Media Say
A suicide bomber killed 41 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps on a bus in a restive region of southeast Iran on Wednesday, Iranian media reported. It was among the deadliest attacks in Iran in years.
The Revolutionary Guards, an elite Iranian paramilitary force, quickly blamed the United States for the assault, which came during the week that Iran’s leaders have been celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that overthrew the American-backed shah in 1979.
The Revolutionary Guards did not explain precisely how the Americans could have been involved in the attack. But Iranian officials suggested it was more than coincidental that it happened as the Trump administration was hosting an anti-Iran-themed meeting in Poland that included delegations from Iran’s regional adversaries, Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Dispatches by the official Islamic Republic News Agency and the Fars News Agency said the victims had been traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash near the Pakistan border, a haven for militant separatist groups and drug smugglers.
- New Deputy Health Minister appointed
- I don't give hope the current situation will change for the better: Armenian FM on Armenia-Turkey relations
- Conference on Armenian Genocide was held in New Delhi
- “Test on the history of the Great Patriotic War” to be organized in Yerevan
- Bako Sahakyan met with Artsakh champions and prizewinners of the European Sambo Championship among Youth and Juniors
- Nikol Pashinyan visited Border Guard Troops Department of Armenia NSS
- Armenian Prime Minister participates in International Women's Entrepreneurship Forum (live)
- Stepantsminda-Larsi highway is open
- Armenian communities of Argentina, Uruguay demand justice
- We will try to justify the hopes of OSCE Secretary General over NK conflict settlement – Maria Zakharova
- Tekeyan Boston Chapter Organizing Activities, Welcomes New Members
- Politicizing Sexual Orientation in Armenia
- Kazakhstan Parliament ratified FTA agreement of EAEU and Iran
- Ben Affleck to star in and direct WWII movie "Ghost Army"
- Air temperature to go up by 5-6 degrees
- The Bizarre Existentialism of Santiago Nazarian
- Armenian military representatives take part at CSTO meeting in Moscow
- A Response to the Recent Upset at Yerevan’s Opera House in the Armenian Republic
- Cabinet approves 2018 state budget performance annual report
- Joe Biden to run for US president in 2020
- Thank you, we leave the hall: Prosperous Armenia faction MPs
- "Sabre Dance" from "Gayane" ballet was performed at the reception in honor of Putin and Kim Jong-un
- Armen Sarkissian hosted Dutch Ambassador
- Today is World Malaria Day
- Iran announced intention to continue selling oil despite US sanctions