Italy’s Lazio Region adopts resolution recognizing Armenian Genocide
Parliament of the Lazio Region of Italy on Monday unanimously adopted a resolution recognizing the historical reality of Armenian Genocide.
Council of the Armenian Community of Rome informed Armenians Today that, with this resolution, the Lazio MPs extend their support and assistance to Armenians in their fight for historical truth and to the efforts to protect human rights.
The resolution was submitted to the Lazio Region parliament by its member Sergio Pirozzi who, in his related letter addressed to the Armenian community, noted that he wants for this step to become a commitment to truth and solidarity, and a sincere expression for the benefit of a nation whose members have fallen victims to deportations and enormous massacres.
Also, Pirozzi expressed the hope that this step will be a signal for the youth and future generations so that such crimes will never again be repeated.
The parliament the Lazio Region has become the 136th Italian regional legislature to adopt a resolution recognizing Armenian Genocide.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)